No Turning Back

You look over gently to your beloved skeleton, seeing small blue tears in his sockets, his constant smile seemingly shaking at whatever he was forcing himself to remember. It was a look that was unbecoming of him, not even able to imagine Sans frowning let alone on the verge of fully blown tears. Sans had always kept himself composed, even when upset but something here shook him to his hollow and bony core. Something powerful. You take Sans' hand protectively in yours, letting a small and sweet smile grace your features. You were just as shaken to hear such news as Sans was to tell it but the soft thumping of your soul managed to calm you, able to find some sort of temporary composure. 

" Sans, tell me please " You spoke in a soft and gentle tone, wanting the skeleton to feel at ease around you and able to tell you everything that he had hidden away in his mind. 

" I won't be angry if you do. I will be relieved in fact " You lay a tender kiss on Sans' skull, the cold bone pressing against your lips and sending a cold shiver down your spine. He smiles back softly at you, wiping the florescent tears from is eyes and helping you to your feet. These actions puzzled you but you did not question, instead you followed the monster through the streets. Cold air rushed past you both as Sans guided you home, the chill on your skin was enough to keep you alert and notice that the monster was strangely silent. He hadn't muttered a word the entire trip, the only sound being soft murmurs as you both approached the house in which you lived. Tears began to prick your own eyes, hating to see someone you loved deeply hurt by this. You felt at fault, like you had caused this. In a way you had but you didn't know, making you not viable for Sans current situation. You knew Sans would never blame you, seeing the love for you in his sockets as well as that light blue glow that proved the ever strengthening connection of both your souls. You were not to blame, not really. You are brought back quickly to reality as you feel you stop in your tracks, bumping softly into the skeleton's blue coat.

" Babe, I can't face comin' with ya. Head to my room and look in the drawer with a padlock. Here's the key " Sans places a small key into your coat pocket, patting it as he did. A soft sigh escapes the short skeleton as the smile finally resurfaces. 

" In there you will find a book with only a few pages filled in. Read them all, kay? " You nod, feeling the tears in your eyes once more. You couldn't hold them back now, them falling down your face like a steady stream. You shut your eyes tightly, wishing this whole thing to be a bad dream. You wanted to wake up in Sans' arms on the couch, those slim but somehow warm arms. You wanted nothing more in that moment, you wanted his embrace and to wake up in it. Almost like he sensed it you feel Sans' cloth covered arms wrap around you tightly, the strong smell of ketchup filling the air around you both. You find yourself smiling slightly, finally opening your eyes to see the skeleton's smiling face looking up at you. 

" Sans? " Without warning Sans lays a soft kiss on your pale lips, causing a blue tint to spread across his cheeks and a red tint cover yours. Your smile spread wider, a small chuckle escaping you. 

" Love ya babe " 

" I love you too Sans " You watch with fear and unwilling as Sans moves away into the other room, knowing that he had to let you go at some point. You immediately feel alone as you stand in the hallway, turning to face the stairs and your heart and soul thumping together. Dancing the dance of fear.