The Plan

You cower further into the skeleton's coat, hearing faint footsteps approach you. You were shaken by all this, nervous and unsettled. You felt like the earth was about to swallow you up, sending you into a deep and pitch black darkness that you couldn't swim out from. There is a tug on your coat, a light shines in the darkness.You look away from the coat and down to the floor, Frisk smiles at you gently with acceptance. You reach down, finally loosening your grip on the monster as Frisk's smile drew you in. The light became brighter in that deep darkness, finally vanishing upon feeling a child's embrace. Frisk held you tight in their arms, Sans smiling above you both. You were glad for the ambassador to have accepted you into their home and into their life, this was a child who was far advanced for their age and someone you could trust. Maybe they could help you after all. You softly thank the child as they guided you to the sofa, letting you sit down. Sans soon joined you, resting his hand on your leg and covering your shaking hand gently. He could tell that you were nervous and he knew just how to help. You both smiled at one another, still slightly nervous from what was going on. You look up to meet Frisk's eyes, watching closely as the goat monster sat beside them and held them close like they were the monster's child. Your smile widens, hoping to have this same experience one day with Sans. A family and a new life. A life were you and Sans were free from ridicule, safe and sound. 

" So Sans, what can we do for you? " You are snapped from your thoughts, hearing Tori's sweet and soft voice. She sounded like a mother, if there was a sound for that. You could tell that despite you being a stranger she wanted nothing more then to help. You didn't know what to say or how to explain it. You look over to Sans, knowing that he was better suited at giving an explanation. Your heart was fragile, not sure if it would be able to take recalling what had happened so far. For the most part thing had been good but there was that one point at the bar that you didn't want to think about. The thoughts made your mind feel like it would split, draining the emotions from you till you were nothing but an empty shell. You couldn't take it. You watch as Sans begins to explain all, trying to block out his voice. You didn't want to hear and open up the wound. You watched as Frisk's sweet smile faded, obviously upset with what had happened. They looked like they would cry, reminding you that they were indeed only still a child, innocent and ignorant to the ways of the world. 

" Frisk...Shhh. It's ok " Tori held the child close, soothing their troubled cries. You felt at fault for this, wanting to help Frisk through the tears but your own tears threatened to fall once more. You held them back to look strong but feeling Sans wrap his arm around you caused them to flow steadily and silently onto the floor. 

" I'm sorry Frisk " It was all you could say between sobs as the child leans down to some paper and writes something down. You quivered and shook, seeing the child hand the paper over to Sans. Your heart was about to burst from the tears that had accumulated deep within you but something stopped it. Sans' smile grew, grasping your hand tighter as he read. Your tears subside and your heart drains of the fear and sorrow, it running down deep into you like a drain before vanishing. 

" Kiddo, we owe ya one " You looked at the skeleton with a look of misunderstanding and puzzlement, not having read the paper yet. You could see another emotion mix with the monster's happiness, his sockets closing slightly at his finished and set down the paper. Blue tears flowed down his cheeks, a smile on his face. What could have Frisk said?