Bad Times

You stay close to Sans, knowing that if the worse was to happen then you would be protected. You knew how much he cared for you and it made your soul shake with admiration. He was willing to throw it all away for you, safety and security, things you no longer had but still he stayed beside you as he held your hand in his cold and bony one. You loved Sans, no matter the odds. 

" So, ya made a decision? " The fire soon looked like it would cover the whole of the skeleton's face, engulfing it in a blue majestic glow. What a wonderful sight to behold. You could feel Sans' protectiveness in the air, ready to erupt whenever necessary. You watch with bated breath as you wait from a response from the humans. Maybe they would let you both go after all, maybe they were good. Fat chance. You were never wrong when it came to deducing others. You knew years in advance that your ex friend was bad news but you found yourself ignoring the feeling, however this wasn't time to ignore that feeling. If what you felt was right then these men wouldn't let you go without a fight. Sans begins to eye up the humans, narrowing his eyes as he sees one move their hands behind their back. His eye began to glow brighter, quickly pushing you out of the way just as a blade flies through the air, the swift sound of the airborne blade filling the air. At that moment it was like the whole world had stopped. Surely Sans couldn't fight them alone. He was only one monster trying to fend off an army. You didn't have time to think about how he knew the blade was going to be thrown, you just wanted to be near him, to help him no matter the cost. You are snapped from your thoughts, a warmness and tender touch holding your body. Grillby had caught you mid fall, obviously worried for your safety as much as his in debt customer. 

" (Y/N) It isn't safe here! We need to go " You look from Grillby to the carnage that had unfolded behind your back. Bones flew through the air like missiles and the sounds of cracking bone filled the air. Tears began to prick at your (E/C) eyes, causing them to sparkle in the dim light of the bar. You had to help, somehow. Sans had done so much for you in such a short time. You begin to struggle in the elemental's arms, eventually breaking free. You had over to Sans as fast as you could, your breath hitching with every step. 

" Sans! "