Warm Welcomes

You watch as the door opens gently, revealing a bright purple hallway softly lit with many candles. You were taken aback by the sight, noting how the home faintly smelt of butterscotch and how the decor looked so..normal. You could have sworn that humans would have lived here, not a single monster in sight but you knew this wasn't the case. You begin to shiver in both anticipation and fear, your heart almost breaking free from you as it is overtaken by nerves. You stare into the hallway intensely, feeling Sans' grip on you tighten as he sensed your ever growing fear. He smiles softly, reassuring you that all would be well. You take a step forward, the skeleton guiding you in your actions as you looked to the floor, feeling ashamed of your fear of a child. Spiders, ok to feel fear. A child, not so ok. Or so you thought.

" Babe, don't be scared. The kid is ok, trust me " You look up, hearing the door close gently behind you. You jump slightly, not expecting the sudden noise. Your fear only heightens as you see a figure appear from around the corner and into your line of sight.

" Sans..." You look up to the skeleton as he held you close, kissing the top of your head gently as to try and settle your nerves. Your nerves only begin to loosen upon seeing the figure in front of you in a more revealing light. This monster wore a purple dress, surrounded by pristine white fur with floppy ears and horns. Her tone was soft like petals that fell gracefully from the summer trees and her accent was polished and perfect, like a royal. Sans smiles at the monster, waving gently in her direction and stroking your hair comfortingly with his free hand.

" Hello Sans, my child " You nod in acknowledgement to the goat monster as not to seem rude.

" Hey Tori. Here to see Frisk " You walk ahead with Sans guiding you once again, the goat monster granting you access into the living room where a small child lay on the floor,colouring in a small handbook. This child reminded you of so many others that you had seen in many cafes around town and you could instantly feel your heart soften like butter at the sight. You found yourself smiling, unable to hold it back any longer. Fear was gone, replaced by excitement and joyfulness. The kid looked so normal, what were you afraid of? Sans lets you go, walking over to Frisk and ruffling the kid's hair. Frisk hugs Sans tightly in response, like he was part of their family and welcome like this was his home. You wished for the same, clutching your coat gently in awkwardness as you watched the happy family go about their lives. You hadn't really experienced such a thing and watching as Frisk treated Sans like an older brother struck something deep inside you. A chord was struck that shattered your senses, tears beginning to flow down your face. You didn't want to ruin the moment, holding back your emotions as much as possible, the tears eventually turning into small sobs. The monsters turn around, a skeleton coming over and holding you gently in his embrace to calm your quivering body, shaking without even an ounce of cold.

" My child? " Sans takes a hold of your hand, turning to Tori and smiling warmly at her. He had that look again, like you were a precious gem that had to be protected by the strongest of forces. You bury your face into Sans' jacket, feeling somewhat ashamed at your display of emotion and weakness. Despite this, you could still hear around you. Sans' next words causing the tears to flow more violently as your heart shook with an unimaginable and misplaced sadness.

" This is (Y/N), my girlfriend "