Newfound Emotions

Both you and Papyrus pace for hours,  every ten minuets seeming like ten hours as you both worried as to the whereabouts of Sans. He had only gone out for some groceries and Papyrus said he HAD teleported there, so what was taking him? You look over to the clock with a heavy heart.
Three hours had passed and the short skeleton was nowhere to be found. You place your hand on your chest, feeling both your heart and soul thump worriedly underneath. Something didn't feel right, a sudden pain in your chest causing your hand to clench over it tightly.
Your throat was dry, your pulse was quick and something deep down told you to get out there and look for Sans yourself. The thought was so loud, like Sans calling out to you himself. You wanted to shrug it off but found it impossible, knowing from the past few days that he very well could be calling to you through the strong connection your souls now possessed. You were bound, forever one as the fates has intended.
You felt a courage you had never felt before, a strong feeling of possessiveness and a need to protect those you held close. You stand and fling your coat gently on your shoulders, wanting to get out there despite all the judgement that lay among your own kind.
" Wait! I'm coming too " You hold your palm up to the younger skeleton, giving him a kind smile and a reassuring shake of the head.
" You stay here Papyrus " Your soul beat wildly upon seeing the fear in Papyrus' sockets, sensing the love for his brother that was engrained into the young monster.
" I don't want you getting hurt like Sans may have. Your like a brother to me too " You smile became slightly more gentle as you softly pushed the skeleton's shoulders down to sit him back on the worn brown couch.
A orange hue shined through Papyrus' ribcage and you knew there and then that he felt the same way you did but alas you knew you had to go this alone.
You turn to make your way out the door, closing it gently behind you as you exited. Not a single footprint. So Sans had indeed teleported for his errand. Lucky for you that most food stores were pretty close by and could case all of them within an hour or so. You sigh, fighting back the tears that were conflicting with your soul brought emotions.
" (Y/N) " You couldn't ignore how weak Sans sounded on the other side of the connection, tears finally falling as you begin to walk on to the first store. It was pretty obvious something had happened but you just hoped you weren't too late.
One store, nothing.
Two stores, nothing.
Three stores, still nothing.
You slump up against the wall in defeat, sliding down and hugging your legs close to your chest in sorrow and despiration. Your sobs were gentle and short, the running around causing you to be out of breath and gasp for air between your sharp cries.
What if you didn't find him?
What if died before you got there?
Would humans really try and eradicate someone for just being different? You hoped not.
A bright light blinded you in a sudden flash, causing you to lean back from your fetile position and stand with your back against the wall. Your soul shone a bright (F/C) and floated around your head gracefully, leaving mist like trails as it moved. The sight was always so soothing to you, reminding you that despite all the hardships that someone really did care for you and your well-being.
Sure, things had progressed quickly between you and Sans but you knew now that he had his reasons and you refused to believe fate would have him find you to then take him away.
You wipe your dripping nose with your sleeve, looking away for a mere second. When you look back up you see your soul drifting away. Curious, you follow hearing muffled screams in the distance as you wandered closer, following the disembodied spirit.
" Nobody will come to help you "
" Come on out and give up, monster. See how nobody is helping you? Your all alone. "
You quickly run after your soul as it picks up the pace, leading you into a crowded street. Humans of all ages and genders gathered in a circle, screaming at a monster in the middle of them. Distraction caught you so much you didn't feel your soul return. Many large blue bones acted as a barrier from the mob.
Bones? Could it be?
You run as fast as you could, pushing through the crowd as eagerly as you could without so much as a single thank you. If these people were sick enough to torment someone for their race then they didn't deserve an apology.
You reach the middle, your breath hitching in fear and anticipation but your heartbeat didn't steady. In the middle of the bones sat a rather weak and sick looking Sans, his coat covered in blood and a few cracks on his skull. Tears flooded again at the sight of your soulmate in such a state. You needed to let him know you were there. He couldn't see you at all despite how close you were in proximity, only able to do one thing to catch his attention.
" Sans! "