Keeping Warm

You both move away quickly, not wanting Papyrus to see what you were trying to do. You sigh, knowing that without the interruption you and Sans would have had your first proper kiss. It couldn't be helped though. In a house as crazy as this one you didn't expect that the two skeleton brothers had a dull moment, no time for rest unless they made it for themselves. Sans seemed to have this down from what you had heard outside but Papyrus, not so much. He was like a ball of walking energy that never ended, meaning that he was everywhere all at once. Perhaps you and Sans would have better luck when at the rink. You watch with sadness as the blue heart under Sans' clothes dimmed away, eventually fading. You knew it was a monster thing but the meaning was still a mystery to you. Sans seemed upset that the moment had been missed, patting your leg gently as he arose and entered the kitchen to see to his brother. 

" Headin' out bro " 

" Do you not want any of my famous spaghetti then? " 

" Maybe some for the road " You smile, listening to the conversation from your spot on the couch. Even though Sans wasn't fond of his brother's cooking he still kept face for him and acted like he was the best chef in the world. The brotherly love warmed your heart, no, it warmed your very soul to know that a bond like that was even possible. If only humans were the same. If they were the world would be a better place. You turn around, seeing Sans walk in with two containers of piping hot food. You stand slowly, taking yours away from the skeleton and placing it in your bag gently. You didn't want to ruin it even if you didn't plan on eating it. You both say a loving farewell to the taller skeleton, heading out of the house and into the cold breeze once more. Its cold air stood you to action, reading to take on anything the world had to offer and shaking the sleep from your very body.  You grab Sans' bony hand gently, beginning to walk to your desired destination. The stares didn't bother you today. You were too preoccupied talking things over with the skeleton, listening to every word his deep voice spoke and clinging to him like a cat clings on to a ball of string. Your heart made little flips and every so often you would feel Sans squeeze your hand reassuringly if he sensed that you were uncomfortable. He knew exactly what to do to make it right. It was like he knew all there was to know about you before you did. You rest your head on the monster, continuing on to the rink. 

The skates at the rink had never been too comfortable, always nipping at your feet with every step you took. It took you all your strength to put them on, making you exhausted before you had even set foot on the rink. You look over to Sans, wanting to know if he was having the same struggles as you. To your surprise the skeleton wasn't even wearing skates, just slippers with blades on the bottom. You smile at his laziness, finding it cute and adorable. The slippers suited him and you wouldn't have it any other way. You take the skeleton's hand, making your way onto the ice, falling over immediately as you did. You chuckle nervously, looking up to Sans embarrassed that you had even suggested the rink in the first place. 

" Heh. You really have snow idea how hard this is do ya? " You pull yourself up using Sans' outstretched hand. To your surprise the monster's hand dislocated from his arm, causing you to tumble back onto the ice. You panic, looking up at Sans and almost crying. Had you broken him? Thoughts of harming the skeleton flooded into your mind, opening the flood gates for your tears. Sans just chuckled like always, smiling warmly at you. 

" Thought you could use a hand hehe " You wipe the tears away, standing to your feet and handing the hand back to the monster, who clipped it back into place. Of course. Sans was a skeleton. Mere things such a dislocation meant nothing to him. You smile, skating off into the distance as a couple. You held hands to keep each other up and every so often you would catch a glipse of Sans' soul flaring up once more, that blue glow settling your nerves. You fell, you twirled, you laughed and eventually time stood still. You stop, not noticing anything around you. It had all frozen like ice. You look deep into the skeleton's sockets, seeing that familiar blue glow and you once again edge closer to one another. You kiss, feeling the heat from the soul warm up Sans' normally cold bones. This was perfect. You could ask for no more. Not even the disgusted glances from passers by could ruin this. You both stand there, foreheads pressed together. 

" I love you (Y/N) " You smile.

" I love you too "