Chapter 1: Welcome to the glade

YN POV:

Darkness. That's all I saw when I opened my eyes. I felt like I was dying, I couldn't breathe. I turned onto my stomach and coughed out the liquid that was stuck in my throat. Then I started to think; how did I get here? Where am I? and the most sickening thought came over me, who am I? As thoughts surrounded my head I suddenly got cut off by a voice.

"Hey, are you okay?" It was a boy. To say that he startled me was an understatement.

"Yeah I'm fine. Wait who are you?"

"I-I don't rememb-" he suddenly got cut off by a high pitched alarm going off, red light shone as we were moving up, that's when I realised.... We were about to crash. I tried to stand up, but when I did the lift-like thing came to a sudden stop which made me fall on top of the boy.

"S-sorry." I said. As I climbed off of him.

"It's alright, love." He replied. Seriously love? We are in a box and we don't know how we got here and he calls me love?

The box suddenly opened and bright light hit my eyes, it felt like someone just poured hot lava onto me. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I saw four figures standing over me.

"why are there two this time?" I heard one of the voices ask.

Someone suddenly jumped in which made the box shake.

"Where the bloody hell am I?" Me and the boy said at the same time.

"Welcome to the glade." I heard a different voice with a funny accent say.

"The what?" I asked.

"The glade. How about I help the both of you out of here and you can see for yourselves, huh?" The boy questioned.

Someone then threw a rope down so we could get out, the boy with the accent climbed out first and then helped me and the other boy out.

When I got out I saw four boys all of them looked around my age; fourteen. There was one boy that looked Asian that had spikey black hair and dark brown eyes. Another one with dark skin, a small amount of brown hair and he also had brown eyes. Then there was one, slightly taller than the others, he had blonde hair, green eyes and funky shaped eyebrows. The last boy had dark brown hair and blue eyes.

"What the hell?" The boy that was with me in the box said in almost a whisper.

That's when I looked up and I saw it. The thing that would change my life forever. Four ivy-covered stone walls surrounded us. That's when I started breathing heavily and my head started spinning. The boy next to me, the box boy, quickly caught on to what was happening to me, he grabbed my shoulders firmly which made me look up at him, he had deep brown eyes and fluffy blonde hair.

"Hey, hey it's alright. We're okay. Just breathe" He said in a soft voice.

After a couple of minutes of trying to control my breathing I finally calmed down.

"T-thank you." I said to the boy.

"Don't mention it." he replied.

"Anyway since you feel better how about we introduce ourselves." The dark-skinned boy stated. "I'm Alby, the leader of the glade. This is Minho" he said pointing at the Asian boy. "That's Gally" he added pointing at the boy with the eyebrows. "And this is George." He finished pointing at the last boy.

"Where are we? How did we get here? Why can't I remember anything?" I said in a panicked voice.

"Wow calm down with the questions, greenie." Minho said.

"What's a greenie?" Asked the box boy.

"It means newbie" Minho stated mater-of-factly.

"Just tell us what's going on." I said back.

"Listen It's normal we don't remember much either, you'll get your names back in a couple of days" Said Alby. "How about I show you around?" Alby added more as a statement than and actual question.

"I guess." Box boy replied.

-------1 hour later-------

After Alby had shown us around the place and answered some of our questions he walked us to a place that he called 'the homestead' and gave us food.

"So, do you think we can trust them?" I asked box boy.

"I don't know, I mean I don't know anything anymore. I don't even know if I trust you." He replied

"seriously?" I asked.

"yes. I mean you could be lying about not remembering anything." He said.

I scoffed at his response. I mean is he joking, why would I fake something like this?

The rest of the meal was spent in an awkward silence. After finishing my food I went to find Alby, without the box boy this time, I'm still a bit annoyed at him for saying that.

When I finally found Alby he asked "So how are you green bean?"

"I could be better." I stated simply. "Anyway I wanted to ask you where I was going to sleep tonight." I added.

"Oh yeah, I knew I forgot about something. You, like all of us will have to sleep in the homestead." I nodded. "But since we only have three rooms, you will have to share with the other greenie." He said. I sighed at his response, I would have to share a room with an idiot that doesn't trust me for some odd reason.

After talking a little bit longer with Alby I went to the room that I was assigned in the homestead. I walked down the corridor of the wooden building until I reached the last door on the right (the one that Alby had told me to go to) I opened the door and inside were: two beds, one wardrobe and a small cupboard. I decided to pick the bed on the right side of the room, I then looked inside of the wardrobe and found four changes of clothes, two for me and two for the boy. I quickly got dressed and sat down on the bed. Not even a minute had passed when I heard footsteps coming down the corridor, then the door opened and a mop of blonde hair popped into my view.

The box boy slowly walked in and sat down next to me. "Listen I didn't mean to upset you earlier. I was just scared and I didn't know what was happening. I'm sorry." He said looking down at the floor.

"Don't mention it" I said, repeating the words that he told me earlier. He looked up and smiled at me. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought he was. He suddenly engulfed me in a warm embrace, at first I didn't know what to do but then I slowly snaked my arms around his torso, as I did so a sudden spark enlightened in my mind.

"YN" I whispered. "I remember my name, It's YN" I added.

The boy pulled away and looked me in the eye "Well YN it's nice to meet you, I'm Newt"