Chapter 40: Teresa

YN POV

Vince told us about The Right Arm and what they do. He was in the middle of speaking when he was cut off by someone.

"Thomas?" The familiar voice asked, we all turned around and saw the blue eyed girl in all her glory. Teresa.

"Teresa! You're okay!" Thomas exclaimed running to her and hugging her.

"Daddy, who's the lady?" Emmy asked from her position on Newt's hip.

"That's Teresa, she was in the glade with us for a couple of days but then disappeared." Newt explained.

"Right, who's hungry?" Vince asked interrupting the reunion.

"Me!" Everyone said at once.

"Come on, follow me." Vince said and started leading us towards a big green tent. The smell of food lingered in the air as Vince pulled the zip of the tent open.

Inside were many long metal tables with benches attached to them, in the corner was a metal table filled with trays of food.

All of us walked inside and went to the metal table, there was a stack of white plates in the corner and cups filled with cutlery next to them.

I grabbed a smaller plate and turned to Newt who was still holding Emmy.

"What would you like to eat, hun?" I asked Emmy. She looked at me and then at all of the food on the table.

"Potatoes and chicken." She replied smiling.

"Alright, honey." I said and started putting food on her plate, I put some vegetables on there too so she would get all of the nutrients she was lacking.

I took another plate for myself and put some food on there too. Newt put Emmy down and Emmy and I went to sit at a table whilst Newt got his food.

The two of us found a free table and sat down, Emmy opposite me.

Newt soon found us and sat down next to me. Newt and I both started eating but I noticed that Emmy wasn't.

"What's wrong, princess?" Newt asked. Emmy sadly looked down.

"I don't know how to use a fork." She replied looking at her lap.

Newt got up and walked around the table, he then sat down next to her. She looked up and I could see that she had tears in her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I can teach you." Newt said and pulled her into a hug. "Don't cry, princesses don't cry. Now come on, I'll show you."

He picked her up and put her onto his lap. She picked up the fork, holding it the wrong way. So Newt grabbed it and placed it into her hand the right way. She held onto the bottom whilst he held the top part of the handle.

He helped her cut into the food and she took a bite out of it.

"I did it!" She exclaimed happily.

"Well done, honey." I smiled.

Newt went back to his seat and started eating his own food whilst Emmy happily ate hers.

All of us were now sitting on some rocks that looked down at the camp.

"We did it. We escaped WICKED." Minho said with a smile.

"I can't believe it." Frypan said. "We're finally free."

"Where's Teresa?" Thomas asked as he came up to us.

"She's up there." I pointed at a cliff.

"Thanks." Thomas said and walked off to Teresa.

I turned to look at Newt as suddenly a bad feeling entered my gut, "Newt?" I asked.

"Yes, love?" He asked concerned.

"Can we talk for a second?" I asked. He nods and the two of us walk a couple of meters away from everyone else, so they wouldn't hear anything.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed, "You know when in the glade, whenever something bad was going to happen I had the feeling of hyper-vigilance." I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I have it now. And I know that you'll say to stop worrying, but I can't." I explained.

Without saying anything he brought me into a hug, "It's gonna be okay, we're safe now." He said. "And if anything happens-" He was cut off by the sound of a helicopter.

The two of us looked up at the sky, there was three massive helicopters flying towards us.

"What the hell?" I asked. The two of us ran back to everyone.

"What's going on?" Newt asked.

Before anyone could reply a grenade was launched from one of the helicopters, setting the tents below on fire.

Thomas came running down from the cliff and ran towards us. "Everyone run! It's WICKED!" He yelled.

Newt picked Emmy up and we all ran down the hill.

The three helicopters landed and armed soldiers came out holding launchers.

I noticed Vince, Harriet, Sonya and Aris standing on a truck shooting at the soldiers.

"Newt!" I yelled getting his attention, he looked at me and I pointed towards the truck.

"Guys over there!" He yelled and we started running towards Vince. We all jumped onto the truck and Vince looked at us.

"Do you know how to shoot?!" He yelled.

"Yeah!" Minho shouted.

Vince threw down some guns and we all took them, apart from Emmy.

I started shooting at the guards who were running around trying to find all of the kids.

Some guards started running towards us so I started shooting them. But there were far too many of them.

I looked behind me, trying to find more ammunition, when suddenly I heard a loud thud hit the car and before I could look back, I felt a volt of electricity go through my skin which made me fall back.

It felt like someone was stabbing me in every place possible, I couldn't handle the pain. Black spots appeared in the corners of my eyes and before I could react the darkness consumed me.

I was woken up when someone slammed my knees into the ground. I looked around me and noticed Newt being pushed onto his knees beside me.

"Newt, thank god, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm okay, are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I replied.

I heard someone being slammed to the ground beside me. I quickly turned around and saw Emmy, she had tears falling down her cheeks.

"Emmy, honey, are you okay?" I asked. I was about to hug her when I felt something hard hit my stomach making me fall back.

"YN!" Newt yelled, I moved my head so I could look at him and noticed two guards holding him in place.

"Leave her alone!" He yelled. I got up onto my knees again and noticed a familiar face looking at me.

"Ratman" I sneered.