Chapter 22:Teresa

YN POV

"YN, Newt it's Alby, he's awake." Chuck said running towards us.

"Alright, Clint, Jeff take the girl to the med-hut and check if she's okay." Newt commanded, "Everyone else back to work!" He added shouting so everyone else could hear.

Soon everyone was gone leaving me, Newt, Thomas and Chuck. "Chuck, did Alby say anything?" I asked.

"He kept asking for Thomas." Chuck replied.

"There's no way he's going there alone, we're coming too." Newt said.

We all ran towards the med-hut, we got to Alby's room and saw him sitting up wide awake.

"Alby, Chuck said you wanted to talk to Tommy." Newt said quietly, crouching down in front of him.

"Yeah." Alby replied

"What's wrong? You still sick?" Newt asked.

"Everything's going to change... Thomas....This girl....I saw them." Alby said.

"What girl?" Newt asked.

"She had black hair, Blue eyes." Alby replied.

"What do you mean, you saw-" Newt began.

"I wanted Thomas!" Alby suddenly yelled making me jump. "I didn't ask for you Newt! Thomas! I asked for freaking Thomas!" Alby shouted.

Newt looked up at me, I could see his eyes flash with hurt. "Fine." Newt said. He then grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the door with him.

"That's the girl, the girl that came up in the box, she matched Alby's description." Newt said once we closed the door to the room.

"What do you think that means? I mean it can't be a coincidence that as soon as they send up the girl Alby wakes up and starts talking about her." I said.

"I-" He was cut off by yelling.

"NEWT!" I heard Thomas yell, we both quickly ran into the room and saw Alby trying to choke himself whilst Thomas stood there in shock.

Newt ran up to Alby and tried to pry his arms off his neck, "Thomas grab his legs! YN get the grief serum!" Newt shouted. Thomas ran up to Alby trying to grab his legs whilst I went to get the serum, when I turned around I saw Thomas getting kicked in the jaw by Alby. "Thomas!" Newt yelled again which made the boy finally grab Alby by the legs.

I ran up to the bed, took the cap off the serum and plunged it into Alby's arm making him instantly calm down.

"You alright Tommy?" Newt asked, the boy just nodded still shocked.

"I'm sorry, Newt, that wasn't me.... They were controlling me." Alby said.

"What do you mean?" Newt asked.

"I don't know how to explain it, but it wasn't me." He replied, "Protect the maps" He added and suddenly his eyes closed, the grief serum taking over his body.

"What is that?" Thomas asked looking at the empty syringe in my hand.

"That's the grief serum, we use it when someone gets stung." I replied. "Now, should we go and check on the girl?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on." Newt said, we all walked out of the room and went to the one the girl was in.

We got there and saw that the girl was laying in bed with her eyes closed, Thomas suddenly stopped moving.

"Tommy are you alright?" Newt asked.

"Did you hear that?" Thomas asked.

"Hear what?" I questioned.

"The voice." Thomas replied. "I think it was the girl." He added.

"What did you hear?" Newt asked.

"Teresa." Thomas replied. "I think that's her name." He added.

"Wait, do you recognise her?" I asked.

"I don't know, she looks familiar but I can't put a finger on it." He replied.

"Tommy-" Newt was cut off by Thomas jumping.

"D-did you hear that?" Thomas asked.

"No." I replied confused. "What is it?" I asked.

"I-" He jumped again.

"Tommy what's going on?" Newt asked, Thomas suddenly sprinted out of the room.

We followed behind him but he was too fast, he bolted into the maze through the east doors.

Newt came to a stop, so I stopped beside him. "We can't follow him, lets just hope he knows what he's doing." Newt said.

Thomas was in the maze for hours and when he came back he ran straight into the deadheads.

"What should we do?" I asked Newt.

"We'll have to put him in the slammer, he broke the rule of not going into the maze again but he is technically a runner now so just for one night." Newt replied.

"Lets go check on him, see if he's okay." I said.

"Yeah, okay." Newt replied.

We went into the deadhead, the same direction that Thomas went and found him sleeping at the south-east corner. Newt and I then went back into the glade, took a blanket, went back and Newt put it on Thomas.

"Just let him sleep for now, I'll send Chuck to get him in the morning." Newt said as we were walking back.

"You know, you are like a mum sometimes." I said.

"What?" Newt asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You heard me." I replied with a smirk.

"I am not like a mum." He said annoyed.

"Sure hun, whatever helps you sleep at night." I said.

"Lets just go and get dinner." Newt said.

We went to the kitchens and got ourselves some food, we then went and sat down at a table with Minho and Anna.

I was in the middle of a conversation with Anna when Newt suddenly interrupted us.

"Do you think I'm like a mum?" Newt asked making me laugh.

"Yes." Anna replied.

"Most definitely." Minho said.

"How am I like a mum?" Newt asked.

"Well, for example, once I came back from a run, late, and you started shouting at me about how worried you were. I was 7 minutes late." Minho replied.

"Or that one time when I fell asleep at a bonfire and you carried me to bed, that happened twice." I said.

"Or when-" Anna was cut off by Newt.

"Okay I get it guys." Newt said huffing in annoyance. "Lets just go to bed." He added making all of us laugh.

"You did it again." I said still laughing.

"Did wha- Oh" He said. "Ugh, lets just go." Newt said.

We then left and all went to our rooms. Newt and I got changed and then laid down in bed.

"You know we love your mum side." I said.

"Do you now?" He asked.

"Yeah, without you we'd probably all be dead." I replied. "Night Newt, I love you." I said.

"Night, I love you too." Newt replied, and with that we both fell asleep.