Chapter 32:Passed Him The Gun

YN POV

I was woken up in the morning by loud whispering.

"Aww, they look like a cute little family." I heard Minho's voice whisper.

"Minho, will you bloody shut up. You're going to wake them." Newt whispered from behind me.

"Sorry Newtie but we have to get going." Minho whispered.

"Ugh fine." Newt sighed, "YN, love, wake up, we need to get going." Newt said whilst shaking me.

"Newt, as much as I love you, if you don't stop shaking me I will feed you to the cranks." I grumbled finally opening my eyes.

"Sorry," he replied.

"Emmy, wake up, we have to go." I said. The small girl stirred in my lap, she then opened her brown eyes.

The three of us got up from the ground.

Jack was sitting in the corner, his chest heaving up and down. You could see the black veins that were starting to show on his stomach.

Frypan and Minho both picked him up from the ground, he could still stand so we started our walk again.

It turns out we were in a city, it being completely abandoned, a ghost town. Broken buildings lay on the ground, the only thing that could be heard where wails and screeches from cranks. There was a stench surrounding the city, like decomposing flesh.

We walked through the buildings to the end of the city, we started climbing up the ruins and ended up back in the desert, the sand already falling into my eyes.

We ended up at a sand hill, before we started climbing Newt looked down at Emmy, he then crouched down with his back to her.

"Come on, princess, we don't want you to fall, now do we?" He said, the small brunette climbed onto his back and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed excitedly as he got up.

"Your welcome, princess." He replied smiling. "Now lets go." He said looking back at everyone.

All of us started climbing up the sand, it felt like it took hours, it was much harder than I expected. The sand kept collapsing under my feet. But I got through it and we were finally at the top.

I heard heavy breathing coming from my left and looked back I saw Jack as he fell to the ground.

"Jack!" Fry exclaimed.

Frypan and Minho ran down to get him and tried helping him up but nothing worked, he couldn't stay up on his own and the boys couldn't carry him the whole way draped over their shoulders.

Then I had an idea, I went down to them, found two sticks on the ground and took one of the bed sheets out of my bag. I made a small stretcher-like contraption by tying the bed sheets to the two sticks. Minho and Frypan both looked at me in shock.

"You, my friend, are brilliant!" Minho said.

"Cheers." I replied smiling. I gave them the contraption and they picked up Jack and put him on the bed sheet.

And with that we were off again, Minho and Frypan each carrying Jack. Newt and Emmy walking beside me.

"I'm gonna be honest here, we would all probably be dead without you." Newt said looking at me.

"Then you should be glad you have me, cause if you didn't you would have to listen to Thomas' dumb ideas." I replied.

"Hey! I heard that!" Thomas shouted from the front.