Chapter 2: One month later

YN POV:

One month has gone by in the glade and a lot of things had happened. The walls have opened to reveal a passage way a week after I arrived, Alby decided that some of us should check it out. Newt, Minho and I had volunteered for that and we discovered that behind those walls was a giant maze infested by things that we decided to call grievers. And the worst thing that has happened was Newt, that's the thing I don't know what happened to him, he turned from a sweet boy to a complete twat in the spam of a month and that's the most confusing part he's only mean to me and nobody else. I don't know why he hates me all of a sudden.

Today was greenie day which means that Newt and I won't be the greenies anymore. Right now I was out in the maze, that's my job now I run around and map the maze, we call ourselves runners, I have been running around for the past 3 hours. Running alongside Newt. Oh did I forget to mention that me and Newt are running partners, Minho is the best runner out of all of us so he doesn't need a partner. It was around 12 pm which means we will have to stop for lunch anytime soon. Newt suddenly came to a stop and sat down on the ground.

"I think it's time for lunch." He said.

I followed what he did and sat down opposite him. I took off my runners pack and pulled out my lunch, it was a ham sandwich and some carrot sticks. We sat in silence as we ate our food.

After 10 minutes of eating Newt smacked his hands on his lap and said "Right, we better get going then" I simply nodded and got up from my seat on the cold ground. And then we started running.

This took hours we ran and ran and ran. I always got so bored of doing this, just running around in stone corridors engulphed in thick, enormous stone.

A sound bought me out of my thoughts.

Click, whirl, click.

My breath hitched in my throat. A griever.

Newt and I came to a sudden stop when the beast appeared in front of us. It had long metallic legs sticking out of it's disgusting snot-like body. We both quickly turned around and started running as fast as our legs could carry us. The griever started sprinting after us as we turned corner after corner trying to loose the beast along the way. After a long time of running my muscles started to ache and my lungs felt like they were on fire. We finally, after 2 hours of running lost the beast and started heading back to the glade.

We were crossing one last corridor when I felt the ground starting to shake beneath my feet. The doors were closing.

"Oh shit" Newt exclaimed and started sprinting again, me following not to far behind him. I then looked up, the four boys were standing outside the walls cheering us on and yelling for us to run faster.

6 meters left.

I suddenly tripped over a gap in the stone floor. Talk about bad timing.

5 meters left

I quickly got up from the cold, stone ground.

4 meters left

I started running even faster than before, if that was even possible.

3 meters left

Newt darted in between the walls and got to the other side collapsing onto the ground in front of him he then looked back.

2 meters left

Newt quickly got up. As I squished through the doors.

1 meter left

I finally made it, I started falling onto the ground when suddenly strong arms grabbed me before I could face-plant into the dirt.

"You are such an idiot. How can you trip at a time like this?" He asked.

"Shut up you twat" I said, and then started laughing hysterically "oh my God I almost died."

"Bloody hell YN." Newt said smiling.

There was a sudden alarm that went off around the glade, that's when I remembered, It's greenie day. I quickly got out of Newt's arms and ran towards the box.

"Are you seriously running right now?!" Newt yelled.

They all followed after me, and we stood around the box. A couple of minutes later the box came to a stop and Newt and Gally opened the box doors. Inside of the metal thing were two boys, one with pale skin, blonde hair and brown eyes. And the other boy with dark skin, short brown hair and brown eyes.

Gally suddenly jumped in and said, "Welcome to hell." Newt, Minho and I started laughing, but the other boys didn't seem to find that statement funny.

-------couple of hours later-------

After we helped the boys out of the box Alby gave them the tour of the glade and then gave them food.

We decided to have a bonfire tonight, since we had some spare supplies left.

"Hey YN, can you try this" Gally asked me.

"Of course, what is it?" I questioned.

"That is a secret my dear friend. Come on just try it, it won't poison you. I think" Gally replied and handed me the weird amber liquid.

I took a big swig of the mysterious mixture and swallowed it.

"So?" Gally asked.

"I mean it's alright, but why is it so bitter." I asked him.

"Alcohol." He stated simply.

After trying Gally's weird drink Alby told us that the bonfire was about to start. He gave each of us an already lit pole and told us to throw it in. Once that was over with I went and sat on a log that was facing the fire. The other boys also sat down, Minho and Gally on a log to my left and the other four boys opposite me. That's when I realised.

"Have any of you seen Newt." I asked worried.

"Why do you miss me already?" Said a voice behind me. Newt.

"No. Where did you go anyway?" I asked simply.

"Awww, look the princes is worried." He said sitting down next to me and resting his arm around the log.

"How about we play a game?" Minho asked.

"What game?" asked George.

"Truth or dare." Minho said.

We all agreed and started playing, "Minho truth or dare?" I said.

"Dare of course." He replied.

"Okay I dare you to run 5 laps around the glade." I said with a smug smile on my face.

"Ugh, fine." Minho said rolling his eyes at me.

A couple more dares passed when it got to me.

"YN truth or dare?" George asked me.

"Dare." I replied.

"I dare you to compliment the person that annoys you the most." He said.

"Alright, Newt you have beautiful eyes." I said and turned around to look at him, "You're still a twat though." I added with a smile.

"Likewise." He replied, also smiling.

After an hour of playing the game and having lots of Gally's drinks, I realised what he meant by alcohol, I felt light headed but energetic because of the drink.

"I don't think we should have drank that much." Newt stated.

"I just realised, you two-"Minho said pointing at me and Newt "-have really weird accents."

"Hey, your the ones with the weird accents." I said.

"You talk weird" Minho added with a childish smile on his face whilst resting his palms on his face lying on the grass.

We continued to sit there and talk when I started to feel my eyes getting heavy, I slowly leaned my head on Newts shoulder (half aware that I was doing so) and that's when the world turned into darkness and I fell into a peaceful sleep.