Chapter 36:Marcus

YN POV

My eyes fluttered open and I moved my wrist up to my eye level to check the time. It was 6:00 am. I looked around and noticed everyone was still asleep.

I was laying on my back and Newt had one of his arms around me, his head was laid on my shoulder. Emmy was laying on my other side.

I started stroking Newt's hair, trying to wake him up. His eyes suddenly shot open, he was confused for a second but then noticed me laying next to him.

"You okay?" I asked gently, whilst still playing with his hair.

"Mhm." He replied with a yawn.

"Come on, we should probably wake everyone up." I said.

Newt groaned, "I'm tired." He whined.

"Why are you tired?" I asked since we all went to sleep at around 10:00pm last night.

"Cause I barely got any sleep. I couldn't fall asleep until it was like 4 am." He replied with a yawn.

"Aww, I'm sorry, honey. But we still have to get up and find Thomas." I said.

"Okay..." He sighed.

I then turned to Emmy, "Emmy, wake up." I said, gently shaking her. Her eyes opened and she yawned. "Come on, honey, we have to go."

The three of us got out of bed and started waking everyone up. After about 10 minutes everyone was awake.

"Alright kids, you have 15 minutes to get ready and then we're going." Jorge said.

We all got ready, we packed all of our things away and filled our water bottles up with the tap water. We were all back in the room ready to go.

"Are we all here?" Jorge asked.

Minho turned to face the group he started counting us, "There's 21, so everyone's here."

"Alright, lets go." Jorge said and opened the door. We were all instantly blinded with the early morning sun rays. We all walked out of the building into the street.

The streets were almost empty, just a few cranks walking around (That aren't past the gone).

We walked through many streets, people were glaring at us as we walked past.

"Why's everyone staring at us?" Minho asked.

"Lets just say that they're not too fond of munnies." Jorge replied.

"Wait, what? I thought we were all infected." Minho said.

"No, that's the point of WICKED. That's why they put you in the maze in the first place, you're immune. Didn't they tell you that?" Jorge asked.

"No. Janson said that we've all been infected that's why we have to go to the mountains, he said they'll give us the cure when we get there." Minho said.

"Sorry, hermano. Looks like they lied to you." Jorge said. I was getting more and more confused, why would WICKED lie about that.

"Wait but one of our friends, Jack, he died because he got the flare." I said.

"That could just mean that not all of you are immune, but I know for a fact that some of you are because if non of you were immune WICKED wouldn't have put you in the maze. The point of WICKED is that they're trying to find a cure, they think it's something in your blood, that's why they're testing you." Jorge explained.

Everyone stayed silent for the rest of the walk, we were all trying to process the new information, why would WICKED lie to us?

As we walked down the streets I could hear music, it kept getting louder. Jorge suddenly stopped making all of us stop behind him.