Chapter 13:Not him, please

YN POV

Its been a month now since Jake came, and things have been getting better, he stopped harassing me after my little 'talk' with him. Apart from that, I'm fine, aside from the not sleeping, the jumpiness, the constant overwhelming, crushing fear that something terrible is about to happen, this persistent feeling of always being under threat. I mean what else could I really expect from being stuck in an enormous griever-infested maze, but there's always the feeling, wherever I go that something is going to go wrong. And it did...

I woke up, like every morning by Newt's side being blinded by the sun.

"Come on Newt, we have to get up." I sighed.

"Ughhh, fine." He replied. So as I said we should; we got up and got dressed then we walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Morning lovebirds." Fry said.

"Morning Fry." We replied in sink.

"You need to stop speaking like that; with your weird accents and the in sink talking." He said chuckling to himself. We just laughed and went to sit at a table.

"You alright? You seem down." Newt asked.

"Ye- honestly no, I have this constant fear at the back of my mind that something bad is going to happen." I replied.

"It's called hyper-vigilance, it feels like you're constantly under threat." Newt said.

"Y-yeah, how did you know that?" I asked.

"I feel the same way, it's like you know something is coming but you can't do anything about it." Newt answered. "It's okay though, we'll get through this together, because no matter what happens I will always be by your side." He added.

"I love you Newt." I said.

"I love you too." He replied. "Right lets go to the gardens, Zart said they need help." He added.

"Alright, come on then." I said with a smile, so we got up and put our plates away and then headed outside towards the gardens.

"Hey Zart, still need help?" Newt asked.

"Oh yeah, do you mind helping plant some vegetables." He replied.

"Sure," Newt said. So we went to the further end of the gardens and started planting some seeds.

We did this for hours, with a small lunch break, and when I thought I could finally take a breath from my worries it hit me in the face, I heard a scream, a scream that I've only heard once before, when the boy, Josh, got stung.

Newt and I glanced at each other and then ran off into the direction of the scream, like we have done so many times before. When we got there it was even worse than the first time, not because it looked worse but because it was someone I was close with, it was Gally.

The boy, my friend, was laying on the ground violently shacking and screaming. Yet his eyes were closed as if he was sleeping.

The med-jacks quickly came and took him away into the med-hut.

"G-Gally, please no, please not him, please" I said, Newt was quickly next to me trying to calm me down, he then hugged me shushing my cries.

"Please" I said under my breath, tears pouring down my face.

"Shh, it's going to be okay, he's going to get through this." He said, he then place a kiss to my head.

We stayed there for a while,me crying into his chest, until I had no tears left. "You want to got check on him, see what the med-jacks say?" He asked.

"Yes please." I replied.

"Come on then." He said, taking my hand and walking me to the med-jack hut.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked Clint.

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see. We will have to tie him to the bed and let his organism fight this." He replied.

"Tie him up?" I asked.

"Yes, we don't want to repeat what happened last time with Josh." He replied.

"Oh." Is all I said.

"Come on love, lets just let the med-jacks help him so we don't get in the way." Newt said, I nodded and he put his hand on my lower back leading me out of the room.

"I know this may seem like a stupid question but are you okay?" Newt asked once we stepped outside.

"Not really, Gally was like a brother to me and I'm scared that he won't make it. I guess the feeling of something bad happening wasn't just a feeling." I replied sighing.

"He's going to get through this, he's a tough guy, he'll do it for you." Newt said and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I know it's just; I'm worried and what if he changes? What if he remembers things and that makes him a different person?" I asked.

"For now we just wait and see." He replied. We stayed hugging for a while until we got interrupted by shouting. We quickly pulled away and looked towards the maze doors, where Minho was yelling and running towards us.

"What happened?! What happened?! I was just running the maze and when I came back Alby said Gally got stung! What the shuck is going on?!" Minho shouted frantically.

"Minho, take a breath." Newt said. "We were working in the gardens when we heard a scream, we then ran towards it and when we got there Gally was laying on the floor, shaking and screaming." Newt added.

"Will he be okay?" Minho asked.

"We don't know, Clint said that they'll tie him up and let his body fight it." Newt replied.

"Oh." Minho said. "Can I go see him?" Minho asked.

"Yeah, just look out, he's not to pretty." Newt said.

"Okay. Thanks guys." Minho said and before we could reply he ran into the med-hut.

"Lets head to bed, yeah?" Newt asked, I nodded and we headed back to the homestead.

Once we got into our bedroom, Newt and I got changed into our night clothes and by that I mean me in an oversized shirt and shorts and Newt in his boxers since it was very hot today.

I was about to get into bed when Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me into him, I wrapped my arms around his torso putting my head on his chest whilst he wrapped his around my back. Newt suddenly started swaying us from side to side and we danced around the room, just wrapped in a warm embrace.

"This is nice." I said.

"Mhm" he hummed in reply. He lightly pulled away and kissed my lips, a nice soft kiss. "I love you." Newt said breaking the kiss looking at me lovingly.

"I love you too." I replied looking into his dark eyes.

"We should probably go to sleep." Newt said.

"Yeah." I replied. We slowly pulled away from each others comfort and went to lay down in bed. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his around my waist, stroking my hair.

"Goodnight my love." I heard and before I could reply sleep consumed me.