Chapter 6: Why did you do it?

AN: mention of suicide, self harm and eating disorders

YN POV

------1 week later-------

I've been in this room for a long time, I can't sleep, I can't eat, I'm trying not to loose hope. He's going to be okay. He's going to wake up soon. I keep telling myself. Minho's really worried, not only because one, if not his best friend might die, but also because of me, he thinks I'm driving myself to insanity, well I am. I just can't loose him, I can't loose Newt. I know that we have our differences and we bicker a lot but that doesn't mean I don't care about him.

I was sitting on the floor, like I have been for the past week, crying and staring at a blank wall. When I heard someone take an intake of breathe next to me, I jumped but then quickly turned my head to see where it came from, Newt was lying in bed with his eyes open.

"New-" I was cut off.

"No, no, no please tell me I'm dreaming. Please I don't want to be here please." Newt said sitting up and frantically looking around.

"Newt, you're not dreaming, you're really here." I said softly.

"It hurts." He said, his eyes starting to get glossy from tears. I knew he didn't mean his leg, I knew he felt a deep pain at the bottom of his heart, like a weight he couldn't lift.

"There's some pain medicine if you want it." I replied. He simply nodded. So I got up and took the pill bottle from the cabinet and then gave it to him.

He threw about 15 pills onto his hand and was about to put them in his mouth, when I slapped his hand away, which made the pills spill onto the ground.

"Why can't you just let me die!?" He screamed at me. "Why can't you help me get rid of the pain." He said in almost a whisper, his voice cracking, whilst tears pored out of his red eyes.

"Because I care about you to much." I said looking him in the eye.

He slowly laid back down, not saying anything else. I laid down on the bed next to him and put his head in the crook of my neck and started gently stroking his hair. I could feel his tears dampen my shirt.

"I know it hurts, but I'm going to help you get through this, Okay?" I asked after a couple minutes of silence. He replied with a nod. And with that we both fell asleep.

--------Time skip-------

"Awwwwwww." I heard a voice say. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Minho and Alby standing by the door.

"Shut up." I said sternly, "You're going to wake him up." I added looking down at the boy, who still had his head on my shoulder.

"I think he's had enough sleep." Minho replied sassily. "NEWT!" He suddenly shouted, which made the blonde jump awake.

"You twat!" I shouted at the runner. 

"Do you want food or not?" Minho said.

"Yes." I replied huffing.

Me and Newt both sat up and Minho gave us breakfast. It was scrambled eggs and a chocolate chip muffin.

"Your both lucky shanks, Frypan was worried about the two of you and gave both of you muffins, he only does that on special occasions." Minho said over-dramatically.

"Wait both of us?" Newt asked looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes, this shank wouldn't leave your side the whole time you were out, she didn't sleep or eat. She was very worried about you." Minho replied. "Anyway me and Alby are going to leave you two lovebirds alone. Get better man." Minho added. And with that the two boys left.