Chapter 21:This Shank

(AN: I'm writing this story with a mixture of things that happen from the book and the movie)

YN POV

"You what?!" Newt yelled.

"It was his idea." Thomas replied pointing at Minho.

"Everyone apart from the keepers please leave, we'll explain everything later! And take Alby to the med-hut!" Newt yelled, so everyone, apart from the keepers, leaders and Thomas left. "Now, all of us are going to go to the meeting room and the two of you will explain to us what happened in there, oh and we also need to figure out what to do with Thomas since he did break the rules." Newt added.

So we all went to the small hut known as the meeting room to hold a gathering. We all sat down in our assigned chairs with all the keepers, leader and Thomas sat around the oval-shaped table.

"So, do you mind explaining to us how the bloody hell you survived and how you killed a griever." I said loud enough for the people around us to hear.

"We actually killed four." Thomas said.

"What!?" Everyone shouted.

"Okay so it all begun after the doors closed. Minho told me that I need to run away and it would be easier to do so if we did it separately. I sort of didn't listen and when Minho ran into the maze I stayed and tried to figure out what to do with Alby, I dragged him around with me for a while when I realised that was a bad idea and I would get tired easily. So I started climbing up the vines, pulling Alby with me, I picked him up, tied his left foot, then his right foot and then his arms. I did this for a while until we were both about half way up the wall. I then heard a griever coming so I tried to stay quiet, that didn't work because the griever started climbing up the wall. So I started swinging from vine to vine trying to get away from the griever but also distract it from Alby. I managed to make it follow me down the wall when I suddenly face planted into something hard, I realised I had no where to go so I waited for the griever to attack, as it was about to stab me with one of its legs I swung upwards and ended up kicking the griever. I then quickly got down and started running away, I ended up with the griever chasing me and out of no where came another three blocking my path. The griever behind me charged at me and gave me a clear path to run down the one I just came from, I did just that and that's where I met Minho, we were both running away when we came across a cliff and Minho had the idea to trick the grievers and make them fall down there. And that's what we did, we made them fall down the cliff, then went to grab Alby from the wall and brought him back with us to the glade. And now we're here." Thomas explained.

This made everyone erupt into talking.

"SHUT IT!" Newt yelled silencing everyone. "Now that we know the whole story, lets decide what to do with Thomas." He added. "Zart the fart, you start." Newt said.

"Well." Zart started, "I don't know. He broke one of our most important rules. We can't let people think that's okay." He paused again and looked down. "But the again he's... changed things. Now we know we can survive out there, and that we can beat the grievers." He finished.

"I bet Minho's the one who actually got rid of the stupid things." Gally said.

"Gally will you shut up, if you haven't realised Newt and I are the ones in charge right now and if you don't stop interrupting we'll kick your sorry but off the council." I said glaring at Gally, this made him shut up.

"Zart do you have any official recommendations?" Newt asked. Zart shook his head in response.

"Okay Frypan, you're next." Newt said.

The boy explained how he thought Thomas shouldn't be punished and should train us instead, many of the boys had different opinions like Winston; he said that Thomas should in fact be punished for his actions.

All in all, the meeting didn't go to bad, Gally didn't cause as much trouble anymore and Newt and I finally came up with the decision.

"Thomas, you will spend one night in the pit, no food, and you are officially a runner." Newt declared.

"WHAT!? Newt you can't be serious, Alby should have chosen someone else to be in charge since you clearly have no idea how it works." Gally spat.

"Yeah Gally, well he didn't, did he? He clearly left YN and I in charge in case something happened to him, so he clearly thought we are perfectly capable of doing this." Newt replied. "And I can't see you standing here, so don't think that just because you're a keeper you have the right to question his decisions." Newt added.

"Oh really well-" Gally's voice was cut off by the greenie alarm blaring around the glade.

"What the hell?" Newt muttered in confusion.

We all ran out of the building and towards the box hole. Once we got there the alarm stopped and the metal box doors slid open. Newt and Gally quickly opened the crated door and Newt jumped inside.

"Newt what do you see?" Minho asked loudly.

"I-It's a girl," He paused. "I think she's dead." He added everyone started talking in hysterics, what was happening? Why would the creators send up someone two days after the greenie? And why would they send up someone dead?

I jumped into the box beside Newt and looked at the girl.

"YN, what's that in her hand?!" Gally shouted over the voices.

I looked at the girls hand and realised that she was holding a white sheet of paper, I took it out and opened it. I read the words out loud for everyone to hear,

She's the last one. Ever.

"What the hell does that mean?" Newt asked looking at me.

Before I could answer the girl shot up inhaling, trying to get her breath back.

"Everything is going to change." The girl said and then fell back down onto the metal ground.