Chapter 3: Nightmares

YN POV:

I was woken up by a light hitting my eyes as I slowly opened them and looked around I realised I was laying in my bed. What happened? I thought to myself. I remember falling asleep at the bonfire, but how did I get here? I got cut out of my thoughts when I heard someone screaming my name. Newt, he was shaking and screaming in his sleep.

I quickly shot up and ran to his bed. I started shaking his shoulders to try and wake him up, "Newt, Newt come on wake up it's just a dream." I said. He suddenly bolted up and franticly started looking around until his eyes landed on mine. He had tears in his eyes, he was still shaking from his nightmare. I sat down next to him and said,

"Hey, it's okay. Are yo-" I was suddenly cut off when Newt wrapped his arms around me and I slowly hugged him back. He put his face in the crook of my neck as I stroked his hair. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

After a minute of being quiet I thought he wouldn't answer but then he said, "I-I was in the maze with you just running, lie we usually do a-and then a griever came out of nowhere and started chasing the two of us. We were running really fast but you suddenly tripped and when I turned around to help you the griever I-it took one of it's metal legs and-" He started to breathe heavily and shake again.

"Hey, it's okay I'm here everything's fine." I said softly. Once he calmed down, with a smile on my face I added, "Aww you care about me."

"Shut up." He said, also smiling.

I was about to say something else when the door suddenly opened and in walked in Minho. Oh no, I thought to myself.

"Did I interrupt something?" Minho said with a smirk on his face and one brow raised.

Newt and I both quickly pulled away glaring at Minho. He just laughed and walked back out. After he left me and Newt made eye contact and then burst out laughing.

Soon after we headed to breakfast. When we got there everyone was already sitting and eating. I got my food, Newt said he wasn't hungry, and sat down with the other boys.

"So guys how do you feel?" I asked the two greenies sitting opposite me.

"We're alright I guess." The boy with blonde hair replied.

"We remembered our names" the other boy added. "I'm Siggy and this is Ben." He said smiling, I smiled back.

"Oh, forgot to tell you, you get to pick your Jobs today." Alby said to Siggy and Ben.

"Jobs?" they both asked.

"Yes, we all get one job, to help around in the glade" Alby answered.

After finishing our food (well apart from Newt) Minho, Newt and I went to what we called the map room to get our running gear ready. We packed our lunch and headed towards the door.

"Okay you two have section 4 to run in today and I have section 7." Minho told us.

Then the door started to open, I looked at Newt and saw fear in his eyes. "Hey, everything's going to be alright. Nothings going to happen to us." I said, he looked down at me and nodded, visibly calming down because of my words.

When the doors finally opened we all looked at each other one last time before starting to run into the maze.

After a while it was time for lunch. We stopped and sat against the maze walls. I took out my lunch and started eating, when I looked up I noticed that Newt was only eating an apple. I didn't think anything of it and just continued eating my food.

When we got back to the glade I went to take a shower. I went into my room to get a change of clothes and some of my hygiene products. After that I went to the shower room, there was only one shower and it was connected to the homestead. I walked into the room and set my things down on a wooden chair that was just outside the shower curtains. I quickly got undressed, turned the water on and stepped into the ice cold water. There was only cold water in the glade I didn't know why but I got used to it after being here for a month. I washed the dirt and sweat out of my hair and finger brushed it under the water.

Once I was finished with my shower I got dressed and left to go for dinner. When I got there I saw Siggy standing there with a frying pan in his hand and a scared Minho standing not to far away from him.

"Get out of my kitchen!" Siggy exclaimed.

"Wow, boys what's going on here?" I asked.

"Minho was trying to steal a snack from my kitchen." Siggy said.

"Your kitchen?" I asked him.

"Yes, I got a job as a cook." He said. "And he is stealing from MY kitchen" he added.

"Yeah, but this shank scared me to death with the frying pan!" Minho added over-dramatically.

"Wait what's a shank?" I questioned.

"Basically an idiot." Minho said with a smile plastered on his face. He then suddenly started laughing "Oh my god we should call you Frypan!" Minho said whilst laughing hysterically. Siggy or should I say Frypan just rolled his eyes at the boy.

"What's going on? Is everyone okay?" Newt said coming into the kitchen with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah, Minho and Frypan over here are just having a small fight." I stated.

"Frypan?" Newt asked unamused.

"Don't ask me it was Minho's idea" I replied with my eyebrows raised. "Anyway can I have some dinner?"

"Oh yeah, sure." Frypan said and then handed me the food. The smell was mouth-watering and I couldn't wait to try it. I then quickly went to sit down at a table and dug in. The food was even better than it smelled, it felt like heaven on earth or should I say heaven in hell.

After finishing the meal I went to my room. When I walked in I could see Newt already asleep, so I slowly walked over to my bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell into a deep sleep.