Chapter 42: Plan A

AN: Sorry I haven't updated in a while I got writers block xx

6 MONTHS LATER

NEWTS POV

It's been since months since I've seen her, my wife, the love of my life. Without her I've lost a piece of myself. I have to be strong though, for Emmy. She started having nightmares again, she would wake up crying and screaming YN's name. This doesn't mean we weren't doing anything, Thomas, Frypan, Anna and I would stay up all night trying to think of a way to save Minho, YN and the others. Emmy would usually be with us too but she always ended up falling asleep in my lap.

But after six months our plan is fool-proof at least I hope it is, I don't know how much longer I can take it; being without her.

Enough of sad thoughts, the plan is finally in play. Thomas and Vince are both trying to get on the train whilst I stand like a bloody idiot behind a big rock. I wanted to go with Thomas and Vince but they wouldn't let me, Thomas said something about doing something stupid because of my emotions and messing up the plan. Now thinking about it, he was probably right.

A sudden shake of the ground brings me out of my thoughts and I quickly jump up from behind the rock and start waiting for the long train to stop.

The train comes to a halt, at the corner of my eye I see Thomas jump off one of the carts.

I start banging on the metal walls of train, "YN!" I shout making voices erupt from the inside.

Thomas walks to the other carts and starts hitting the walls shouting YN and Minho's names.

I move to the next cart, "YN!" My voice cracks whilst shouting in desperation.

"NEWT!" I hear a voice yell from inside of the cart. My heart stops, it's her.

"Thomas! She's in there!" I shout. Thomas comes running to my side.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes, I heard her voice." I reply, Thomas nods. I put the goggles that were around my neck in front of my eyes and take out the torch.

I hear shots ring through the air, but I don't care, I keep burning the metal keeping the cart attached to the rest of the train.

"Newt, how are you doing?!" Thomas yelled from on top of the train.

"Don't rush me!"

More shots travel through the air as I'm on the last part of metal.

"Newt!" Thomas yelled as the small part of metal finally dropped off. I finally look up and see a dozen WICKED guards coming my way.

"Shit." I drop the torch and grab onto the ladder attached to the cart. As I get to the top I see the black berg Jorge and Brenda stole slowly moving down. Metal chain is dropped to us and we attach the chains to the singular cart. The berg starts lifting up again and Vince quickly grabs onto the ladder on the side.

YN POV:

I feel a thud as the train is dropped to the ground. I don't know what the hell is going on but I think I heard Newt's voice. I mean, I could be just imagining things and this could be another one of WICKEDS experiments. They've been messing with my brain, they keep implanting dreams into my brain and I end up waking up screaming. Recently I just haven't slept at all, scared that I might have another nightmare. But since I've been going against WICKEDS and not sleeping, they've been torturing me and I don't just mean implanting thoughts or dreams into my head, I mean beating me until I can barely move or slowly slashing through my skin with knives to make the pain last longer.

But the worst of it wasn't getting beatings, getting whipped or having nightmares; it was being away from Newt. I have been with him ever since I woke up in the box which now seems like a life time ago, even when him and I didn't get along we were still inseparable, we always did everything together and now I haven't seen him for god knows how long.

The train shakes again as the large metal door is thrown open. The sudden light makes my eyes water since I haven't seen daylight since I was taken away, I don't think that's very good for my health.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming closer to me, I looked up from my lap and was met with someone I thought I would never see again. Once he met my eyes he stopped in his tracks.

"N-Newt?" My voice cracked since I haven't spoke in a while.

He suddenly snapped out of his trance and ran towards me, he took the bolt cutters that were in his hands and cut the chains that were keeping me chained to the plastic chair.

I shot up from my seat and he threw the bolt cutters on the floor. And after what felt like forever he wrapped his arms around me, instantly enveloping me in his warmth.

My arms wrapped around his neck and tears fell out of my eyes.

"Newt, please tell me this is real. Please tell me it's not a dream. Not again." I whispered.

"Shh, it's okay, you're here. This is real." He reassured me. He pulled away so that we were face to face, still wrapped in each others arms, and he pulled me closer connecting his lips with mine. The kiss was the same as it was the first time he ever kissed me, full of love. Another fountain of tears fell down my cheeks but once we pulled away I knew I wasn't alone, he was crying too.

"I love you." Newt said.

"I love you too." I replied. "God, please tell me you won't leave me again." I said, hugging him tighter and putting my face into the crook of his neck.

"I promise." He whispered. The two of us pulled away but he never let go of my hand.

He led me outside where the sun hit my face making me look even paler than before.

"Mummy!" I heard a high pitched voice shout. I looked to the side and saw the little brown haired girl sprinting towards me. I crouched down and she fell into my arms, "Mummy, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, honey." I said and kissed the side of her head. I stood up, with her still in my arms and Emmy turned her head to Newt and opened one of her arms inviting him into the hug.

He wrapped his arms around both of us and kissed mine and then Emmy's cheek.

"You brought her back." Emmy said.

"I promised I would didn't I?" Newt smiled and kissed her cheek again.

Before any of us could say anything Anna ran out of the cart followed by Thomas.

"He's not there." Anna said.

"What?" I asked, not knowing who she was talking about since I wasn't allowed to interact with any other subjects.

"WICKED still has Minho."

[UNEDITED]