chapter 5: What's wrong with Newt?

AN: Warning, mention of suicide, self harm and eating disorders

YN POV:

I was getting more and more worried about Newt, he hasn't talked to anyone in at least 2 weeks. The only time he goes outside is to go running. I haven't seen him eat anything in a while. I was gong to ask him today about what was wrong but when he woke up he was suddenly back to being himself again, well more or less.

I was in the maze right now running with Newt, when I turned around and he wasn't there,

"Newt!?" I yelled. No reply.

"Newt, where are you? Newt?!" I yelled starting to get really worried for him. Still no reply. I started walking back the way I came and that's when I saw it...

NEWTS POV:

I can't take it anymore, the pain is to strong. You should kill yourself, your worthless! A voice in my head said.

I haven't eaten anything in days, why would I waste perfectly good food on someone who's going to be dead? Your nothing but a pain! The voice hissed. Nobody cares about you!

I was sitting on my bed just thinking. everyone would be better off if you were dead! I couldn't deal with this, I took a blade out from the drawer next to my bed.

I took the metallic object and put the blade onto my pale wrist, I slowly pressed it against my skin until I felt warm liquid come out of it. I've been doing this for months now I guess I just can't take the pain anymore. I've been hiding my cuts from my friends by wrapping bandages around them and always wearing long sleeve shirts no matter the temperature.

You should just kill yourself! No one will even notice you're gone!

I couldn't take the pain any longer, it was consuming me from the inside, feeding off of me. I was going to do it today, I was going to die today.

I wrapped my wrist in a fresh bandage and came out of my room. I went to the kitchens and sat down with my friends.

"Hey, you alright man?" Minho asked.

"I'm fine." I said and put a fake smile on my face.

After Minho and YN finished eating we grabbed our gear and went to the door. When it finally opened Minho told us "Alright guys you're running section 2 and I'm running section 8. See you later shanks."

"Bye" I said. We all then ran into the maze.

Four hours had gone by and I finally decided it was time, I would finally get rid of the pain forever.

When YN wasn't looking I turned a different way than I should have and came to a stop, I looked up at the wall before grabbing onto the vines and starting to climb.

I was half way up when I heard YN's voice, "Newt!?" she yelled "Newt, where are you? Newt!?" she sounded worried. Nobody cares about you Newt! Just do it, just jump. Maybe you can do this one thing right!

So I let go of the vines, I was falling through the air when something suddenly caught my leg which made immense pain pulse through my entire body. The last think I saw before everything turned black was a small figure coming from the corner and that's when everything turned into a black abyss.

YN POV:

It was Newt, he was entangled by vines on the stone wall blood surrounding him and his ankle was at an angle it wasn't supposed to be at. I ran towards him and cut the vines that were holding him up, he fell onto the ground with a light thud.