Chapter 7: Helping him

YN POV:

I woke up to screaming (Newt has been having nightmares of the jump lately) I sat up and hurried over to Newt's bed and started shacking him lightly.

"Newt, Newt wake up. it's okay, you're okay." I said. He suddenly sat up, scaring me, he started breathing heavily.

"Newt listen to me just breathe, come on, breathe in-" He listened to my command and slowly breathed in "-and out." He did as I told him and breathed out. He repeated this until his breathing went back
"You okay?" I asked.
"I-I was in t-the m-maz-" His breathing started to become un even again so I cut him off.
"Shhh, it's okay, you're here now." I said and wrapped my arms around him engulfing him in a hug.
"Just calm down alright?" He nodded and then hugged me back. We stayed like that until I said,
"We should try going back to sleep."
"Y-yeah." He replied. I got up and laid back on my bed.
It was very cold tonight, and for some reason I couldn't fall back to sleep.
"Newt, you awake?" I asked quietly, in case he was asleep.
"No." He replied, "I can't fall asleep, it's to cold tonight" he added.
"Do you mind if I sleep with you tonight? It might warm us up." I realised what I said and was about to take it back when I got cut off.
"Sure, come here." He replied.

So I got up and walked towards his bed, he shuffled over making space for me, and I lied down next to him under the think covers. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist, And with that we both fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to laughing. I slowly opened my eyes realizing that my head was still on Newts chest, I Looked up at him and saw him already awake, with a blush on his face. He then looked down and said,
"You woke her up you shuckface." I suddenly became aware of the laughing in the room and let out an annoyed grown already knowing it was Minho.
"Aww, sorry did I wake up your princess?" Minho said, still laughing. I just rolled my eyes and said,
"Shut up. Now go away I'm trying to sleep." I could hear Newt's chest vibrate as he chuckled.
"I can't 'Go away', Alby sent me to get you two. I just didn't know what I would walk into" He replied cockily.
"You didn't walk into anything, it was just cold last night." Newt said, earning a hum from me.
"Why does Alby need us anyway?" I asked.
"Don't ask me, I'm just the messenger boy." He replied and left.
"Come on we have to get up I guess." Newt said after a while of laying in silence.
"Ughhh, I'm so tired though" I replied, Newt just laughed and slowly sat the two of us up.
"Fine." I said, sighing in defeat.

Newt and I quickly got ready and went to find Alby. We found him by the box shouting at two boys.
"Hey Alby, Minho told us you needed us" Newt said.
"Ah yes I need the two of you to go and count the food supplies that were sent up in the box this week."

So we did as he said and got to work, all of the supplies were in the homestead right now, Alby would assign someone every week to count them before spreading them around the glade. We walked into the storage room in the homestead and started counting and writing lists of the amount of supplies that we got. We were 1 hour into doing this when Newts suddenly stopped, "I'm bored" he complained
"Me too." I replied
"Lets play a game," He said looking up from his paper.
"What game?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.
"Okay so we say our best pick up lines and the other person has to judge them." He replied
"Okay, you go first." I said

"Are you from Tennessee? cause your the only 10 I see." He said.
"Come on Newt, you couldn't think of anything better?" I replied smiling.
"You try it then." He said.
"Fine." I replied "Well here I am, what are your other 2 wishes?" I added smirking. He just laughed.
"Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date?" he said.
"I wish I were cross-eyed so I can see you twice" I replied
"I must be at a museum, because you are truly a work of art"
"I'm no photographer but I can picture us together."
"Feel my shirt. Know what it's made of? Boyfriend material"
"Baby, if you words on a page, you'd be fine print."
"I was wondering if you had an extra heart. Because mine was just stolen"
"Are you a time traveller? cause I can see you in my futu-" I was suddenly cut off by someone clearing their throats. We both turned around and saw Alby standing there, smirking. My cheeks flushed red and he said,
"I thought I sent you two here to count the supplies, not flirt with each other."
"W-we were just-" Newt cut himself off with a sigh. "Shut up" he said. Alby just laughed.
"You two just go and eat lunch I'll finish off in here." Alby said. And with that we quickly ran out the room, when we got to the kitchen we burst out laughing.
"Oh my god, that was so awkward" I said whilst laughing.
"I know!" He replied, also laughing.

We suddenly became aware that we were being very loud and that everyone's eyes were on us, we quickly stopped laughing and looked at each other wide-eyed. We then quickly walked over to the counter, took our food and went to sit down.

We spent the rest of lunch in a comfortable silence.

With things like this I can see that Newt is slowly becoming himself again, the same boy that came up in the box with me, the same boy that laughs at stupid jokes and smiles with his friends.