Chapter 35:Flying out of a building

YN POV

The bang that echoed through the walls sent chills down my spine, my eyes were closed and I was not ready to open them, the man had his gun pointed at Newt, which means....

"YN, are you okay?" A voice asked me. Newt. My eyes shot open.

"Newt!" I shouted and hugged him tightly. "I-I thought you were-" Tears were poring down my cheeks.

"Shh, I'm okay, it's okay." Newt shushed me, rubbing my back, he kissed my forehead. Arms suddenly wrapped around my legs, Emmy. "Aww, come here, princess." Newt said and picked her up, she wrapped her arms around both mine and Newt's necks.

"Okay, now that the little reunion's over. Lets go!" I heard Brenda yell. I looked over Newt's shoulder and noticed her standing in the doorway with a gun in her hand, the man that attacked us was laid on the floor in a pool of blood. "HURRY!" She yelled as she walked out the door. Suddenly a song started blaring through the megaphones.

Newt put Emmy down and took her hand. We all ran after Brenda. She was fast walking through corridors, we finally made it to a room, there was a giant hole in the wall. Jorge ran into the room.

"Lets go!" he yelled and gave us our backpacks back.

He walked up to the hole in the wall and pulled down a metal zipwire handle for us to grab. He grabbed onto the handle and pushed off from the floor, he flew out of the room on a zipwire.

"GO!" Brenda yelled, standing in the doorway with a gun.

Minho pulled down the next handle and pushed off the ground.

Newt pulled another one down and picked up Emmy, "I'm gonna need you to hold onto me, okay?" He asked her.

"Yes, daddy." She replied and wrapped her arms around his neck, he grabbed onto the handle and pushed off the floor.

Now it was my turn, I walked up to the hole and noticed the zipwire led into another building, I puled the handle down and pushed off the ground. It felt like I was flying, the wind pushed through my hair and I was soon on the other side, in the second building.

"Are you okay, love?" Newt asked me as soon as I stepped onto the ground.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied and pulled him into a hug.

Everyone was soon in the building with us, apart from Thomas and Brenda.

"They need to hurry, the songs gonna end soon." Jorge said.

"What do yo mean?" Anna asked.

"When the song ends it pulls a pin that is connected to a grenade." Jorge replied.

"What does that mean?" Minho asked.

"It means that when the song ends the building is gonna blow up." Jorge said.

"Oh shit, they need to hurry." Minho said.

"Minho!" Newt yelled. "Language!"

"Sorry man." Minho replied.

We were anxiously waiting, but still no sign of Thomas or Brenda. And then the dreaded thing happened, the song stopped. Newt covered Emmy's ears, the building suddenly emitted a loud bang and it all exploded into flames.

"We have to go." Jorge said.

"What!? We can't just leave them!" Frypan yelled.

"We have to. And besides, Brenda knows the way to Marcus. I told her that if we ever get separated we both go there." Jorge said.

"Oh." We all said.

"Now lets go." Jorge repeated.

We walked down some stairs and ended up outside, in a city.

"Where exactly are we going?" Newt asked.

"Well, they won't get there until at least tomorrow so we're going to one of my buildings so we can get some rest." Jorge said.

"Wait, how many buildings do you own?" Minho asked.

"About 12, in this city anyway." Jorge replied.

We walked in the dark, through many empty streets, I could hear the screeches of the cranks as we walked past. Jorge suddenly came to a stop.

"We're here." He declared. We were standing in front of an abandoned building, what I'm assuming used to be a hotel.

Jorge took a key out of his pocket and put it in the lock, he twisted the key and the door clicked open. We hesitated at first but Jorge went inside and flipped a switch which turned on some yellow lights.

"Aren't the cranks gonna see the light?" Minho asked.

"Nope, all the windows and doors are barricaded." Jorge replied.

We walked into the empty building and Jorge closed the door behind us. The large room was filled with beds and couches.

"Some of you are gonna have to share beds." Jorge said.

We all picked a bed, Newt and I shared one. I put my bag down on the ground in front of the bed and took my jacket off. Newt did the same next to me. I climbed into the bed and Newt passed me a big blanket from the WICKED compound, I quickly wrapped the warm blanket around myself. He then moved and laid down next to me and pulled the blanket over himself as well. Everyone was laid in bed and Jorge walked up to the light switch and turned the lights off.

I turned around facing the wall and felt warm arms wrap around my waist, he put his chin on my shoulder and kissed my temple.

"Goodnight, I love you." Newt said.

"Night, I love you too." I replied. And with that I fell into a deep sleep.

---Time Skip---

I was woken up by someone shacking me, I opened my eyes and noticed it was still dark.

"Mummy," I heard a soft voice sniffle. "I had a nightmare." Emmy said, she was crying.

"Aww, princess, it's okay." I heard Newt say from behind me.

"Do you want to sleep with me and daddy?" I asked.

"Yes, please." She responded.

"Come here." Newt said and picked her up putting her in the middle of me and him.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Your welcome, honey. Do you want to tell us what your nightmare was about?" I asked giving her a side hug.

"No." She replied with a yawn. "Goodnight mummy, goodnight daddy."

"Goodnight, sweetheart." Newt and I both replied.

And with that the three of us were asleep again.