Chapter 11: Meeting

YN POV:

As promised, first thing in the morning a meeting would occur.

I was walking to the council hall with Newt, we tried to keep everyone calm but Alby only allowed the keepers and leaders to be in this one, usually gladers were allowed in the meeting but weren't allowed to say anything during it. But this time only we were allowed, meaning that today's discussion would be one of the most important ones.

We got there and waited for the others to arrive. Once everyone was there the meeting had officially begun.

"We all know of the current events that had occurred, and we have deducted that the boy, Josh was stung by a griever. This has made him loose his mind, the med-jacks also said that when he woke up he had gotten his memorise back, but then went back to screaming before he could tell us anything. This is all new to us, but we also know that we need to keep order around here, so the question is, should we banish him or not?" Alby said.

"I think we should" Winston said. "We all know that this is new to us but as Alby said we need to keep order around here and Josh broke the rule, even though he was crazy he still did it." He added.

"I think we should wait for him to stop screaming and fighting and then ask him about the things he remembers." Logan, the keeper of the baggers said.

The meeting took the total of two hours and a lot of arguing for us to finally come to an agreement. We decided that it was best for everyone if we banished the boy, since he's already causing a lot of panic around the glade.

It was now time for lunch, when the greenie alarm came on, I got scared at first but then I remembered that it was time for a new greenie. We all ran towards the box and waited for half an hour until it opened, inside was a boy around the same age as all of us;15 so we just assumed he was. He had black hair and dark blue eyes.

I jumped into the box and walked towards him, "Hey, I'm YN, are you alright?" I asked softly.

He scoffed at me. "Please, why would I answer a stupid girl." He said. I already didn't like this kid. I heard a couple of 'Ooos' from above me, all the boys knew what was coming.

"Because this 'stupid girl' knows a lot more than you right now, and she also has the power to get you banished. So answer me when I speak to you." I said.

I heard yells from above me saying things like; 'Yes YN tell him' and 'You better listen to her greenie'.

"So now, you're going to climb out of the box and let Alby show you around the place before I feed you to the grievers." I said authority laced in my voice.

So he did as I told him, but when he got out of the box all of the boys glared at him, they were all like my brothers (well apart from Newt who was much more).

Alby then sent everyone back to work and started showing the boy around whilst Newt helped me out of the box.

"Wow, I thought the boy was going to klunk his pants after you said that to him." Newt said smiling.

"Well I've got to show him how to behave somehow." I said chuckling.

"Honestly, even I was a bit scared of your leader voice." He said.

"You should be." I replied.

"Anyway lets get to work, Alby said to help out Zart in the gardens today since he's a little behind." Newt said.

We then went to the gardens and started collecting the vegetables that needed to be used for today's food.

"You know, gardening is quite relaxing." I said to Newt whilst pulling out a carrot from the ground.