Chapter 34: The girl...

YN POV

The girl walked through the cranks, them being to far to attack her.

"Stay back! Stay back!" Minho called out.

"You guys look like shit." The girl said. "Come on. Follow me."

She turned around, she was about to start walking towards the doors when she noticed non of us were following her. "Unless you wanna stay here with them." She said raising her eyebrow.

No one moved, so I sighed and took a step forward. I turned my head back to look at everyone. Newt was about to say something but I stopped him. "It's not like we have anywhere else to go, and we don't exactly wanna be here with the half dead people either." I said. Newt looked at me with worry in his eyes, I nodded, answering his silent question. He sighed and started walking after me and the girl, with Emmy still in his arms.

Everyone soon followed after us and the girl lead us through the door to a giant room filled with people, the people all glared at us which made me move in closer to Newt.

"Wait, who are you?" Minho asked.

"I'm Brenda. Now hurry up, Jorge wants to meet you." She replied.

"Who's Jorge and why does he want to meet us?" Thomas asked.

"You sure ask a lot of questions." Brenda muttered. "Jorge is the leader of this place. And he wants to meet you because not many people come out of the scorch."

She led us through the large room to a flight of stairs, the people there were staring at us like lions about to attack their pray. Newt noticed my worry and took my hand.

"It's gonna be okay." He whispered in my ear and then kissed my cheek. I smiled up at him and nodded.

We soon got to the end of the stairs and Brenda led us into a room. There was a man standing there next to a row of windows, he was leaning over a table strumming some sort of radio.

"Do you ever feel like the whole world's against you?" He asked turning around to look at us. No one answered. The strange man took a glass and a jug of water, he pored the water into the cup and took a sip. "Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? And how can I profit?" He asked. And again, no one answered.

"That's our business." Thomas said. Oh god, what is he doing?

The man looked up and nodded at some men behind us, one of the men grabbed me and another grabbed Thomas.

"Mummy!" Emmy shouted, trying to get out of Newt's arms.

Thomas started asking questions and moving around, "Shut up you big baby." Brenda said.

The man that was holding me took out something from his pocket and a cold wind blew on my neck. "What the hell is that?!" I yelled.

Brenda laughed and looked up at Jorge, "You were right." She said. Jorge nodded again and the man that was holding me let me go. Newt tried to walk up to me but a man grabbed his arm.

"YN, are you okay!?" Newt asked, worry laced in his voice, he was struggling against the mans grip. Another man came up and took Emmy from his arms.

"Daddy!" Emmy yelled trying to get out of the mans grip, I saw her eyes glisten with tears.

"It's okay, princess." Newt said, trying to calm her down even though he was worried himself.

"What do you mean, you were right?" Thomas asked.

"I'm sorry, hermano, you've been tagged, you come from WICKED. Which means you're very valuable." Jorge said.

Next thing I know, we were hanging by our legs, face first into a black hole. Emmy was tied up to a chair next to the hole.

"Listen to Thomas, he know what he's doing." Minho mocked.

"Shut up, Minho." Thomas said.

"Stop bloody fighting, we need to figure a way out." I scolded.

"Well, Mrs know-it-all what do we do?" Minho asked rolling his eyes.

"Maybe if you shut up, I could figure something out." I said glaring at Minho who was hanging opposite me.

I looked around the place and noticed a piece of glass on Emmy's chair.

An idea popped into my head. "Emmy, I'm gonna need you to do something for me, can you do that, honey?" I asked, the girl eagerly nodded. "Okay, I'm going to need you to try and pick up the glass that's on the chair next to your leg and try and cut your ties. Be carful." I explained.

The little girl struggled to get to the piece of glass but managed to take it into her hand, she cut the rope around her hands and then untied the rope around her ankles.

"Well done, honey. Now can you grab the hook that's hanging there on the wall and pass it to daddy?" I asked, and since Newt was the closest to the edge it would be easier for her to pass the hook to him.

She ran over to the wall that the hook was on, the hook was tied to a rope that was tied to the ceiling. She stood on her tip toes but still couldn't reach it.

She groaned, "I can't reach it. I'm sorry mummy." She said with a sad look on her face.

"It's okay, honey, we'll figure something out." I said. She suddenly gasped, as if an idea had popped into her head. She ran over to the chair and pushed it across the floor until she reached the wall. She stood on the chair and grabbed the hook, she then carefully jumped down and ran up to the edge of the hole, Newt reached his arm out as far as he could and took the hook from Emmy.

"Thank you, princess." Newt said. He pulled himself up, by pulling on the rope attached to the hook, he then sat on the edge of the hole and untied his legs.

He gave the hook back to Emmy, "Go pass this to Minho." He told her. He then went back to the wall and took another hook off the wall, he walked up to me and handed me the hook, he then pulled on the rope and pulled me onto the edge of the hole. He untied my legs and gave my lips a quick kiss. "She's learnt the brilliance from you." He said whilst helping me up.

Everyone was soon untied and on their feet. Emmy ran up to me and Newt and hugged both of our legs.

"Well done, princess. You did great." Newt said stroking her hair.

"Come on guys, lets go!" Minho shouted.

We were all about to run out the door when a man with a gun came in, "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" He said with a creepy grin on his face.

"Hey listen, just let us go." Thomas said stepping in front of us, Newt pushed me and Emmy behind him in a protective manner.

"Now, why would I do that? I could just sell you back to WICKED." He smirked.

"Wait, what? WICKED are the ones who put us out here in the first place." Newt said, the man moved his gun so it was now placed in front of Newt, I was about to come out but Newt held me back.

When the man wasn't looking, Thomas hit the gun out of his hand. The man looked at Thomas with shock and punched him in the face, he then grabbed the gun off of the floor.

He pointed the gun at Newt again and a loud bang went off in the room. "NO!"