Chapter 29: Phase Two

YN POV

I was woken up the next morning by the sound of beeping from my watch, it was currently 5:00 am since we still had to pack our things and make sure that everyone is there on time to leave.

After we got out of bed we all went to the canteen which now had masses of food on the table.

"Alright people, we're all going to eat and drink as much as we can and when we are finished we all need to pack our supplies for the journey." Minho explained.

We were all soon finished with breakfast and we had 45 minutes left to get ready. In the corner of the room laid a black backpack for each of us.

After I packed all of the food and water that I could fit into my backpack Newt came up to me with a bed sheet in his hands.

"Here take this, Ratman said that it's going to be hot so we need to pack something that we could cover ourselves with." He explained.

"Cheers." I said with a smile to which he replied with a nod.

After another 40 minutes we had 5 minutes left until the flat trans would appear, we were all packed and ready to leave.

"Everyone ready?" Minho asked. We all replied with a 'Yes'. "Alright the plan is simple, we all go through the flat trans one at a time, once you've gone through you yell your assigned number so we can keep count of everyone. I'll go first, Anna will go last to make sure that no one gets left behind. Any questions?" Minho explained.

"How will we know what number we are?" One boy asked.

"We will line up, there is 24 of us so whatever place in the line you have will be your number." Minho replied.

Before Minho could explain anything further all our watches went off and a grey wall that looked like a hologram appeared in the room.

Minho walked through the wall first and he disappeared. Everyone soon followed until it was my turn. I took a deep breath and slowly walked through the wall, it felt like I was falling when I finally reached the ground I fell onto someone.

"You've got to stop doing that." I heard Newt say from beneath me.

"Sorry... Fifteen!" I shouted. We both got up from the ground, the room was pitch black, I couldn't see anything at all, just darkness. I felt Newt take a hold of my hand just to make sure I was still there.

Everyone was finally through and we began walking down the dark corridors, nobody spoke, nothing but the tapping of foot steps could be heard.

We walked for ages, nobody said anything through out the entire time.

"Go back!" Somebody yelled, I couldn't recognise the voice.

"Don't listen to it. It's just WICKED trying to play with our minds!" Minho shouted over the voice.

We then heard a scream that made us all stop walking.

"What happened?!" Anna shouted.

"Sam. He was standing next to me and then there was this wind and now he's gone." A boy replied.

"Thomas get your flash light out." Minho said. A light was then turned on and Thomas walked up to the boy.

"Sam?" Thomas asked walking around the area the boy was last seen. Thomas suddenly screamed.

"Thomas what is it?" Minho asked worried.

"It's his head. It was cut off and now there's this metal ball where his head's meant to be." Thomas replied.

"Go back or you'll get sliced!" The voice shouted again.

"Run!" Minho suddenly yelled. "And watch out for your heads!"

Newt dragged me with him as he was running, we were sprinting in the dark hallway and the voice kept yelling at us to go back. There were many screams heard along the way but no one dared to stop.

Minho suddenly grunted. "I think I found stairs." he said.

"Are they going up or down?" Thomas asked.

"If they were going down I would've fell, shuckface" Minho replied with his usual sassy tone.

We all then started walking up the stairs, cautious not to trip on any. There were hundred of stairs all going in a straight line upwards.

"I think I reached the top." Miho said. "There's this door but it's too heavy for me to lift up by myself. Newt, Thomas get your asses over here." Minho ordered.

Newt then let go of my hand and walked up the stairs towards Minho.

"Okay, on three." Minho said. "One." "Two." "Three." The three boys pushed up the garage-like door a light seeped through the small gap making me squint my eyes, hot air suddenly filled the room making it hard to breathe. "Close it back." Minho said. The boys pushed it back down and they started talking to each other quietly.

"Okay, we're gonna open it but before we do everyone take your sheets out, make sure all of your skin is covered." Minho commanded.

We all listened to our leader and wrapped ourselves up in the thin, white bed sheets. Once everyone was covered the boys pulled the door open again. As quick as a flash a metal ball fell out of the open door, hitting Winston in the face. His screams were ear piercing, you could hear the hot metal as it seeped into his skin and burned his face.

"Winston!" Fry yelled in utter shock.

"We have to leave. Now!" Minho yelled. We all quickly ran up the rest of the stairs and out of the door. Once everyone was out we all stopped to look around; there was hot sand everywhere, no plants could be seen, the usual bright yellow sun was now a light red and the only building in sight was the one we just left.

"I guess we should get going." Minho said. And with that we all started walking North.

Newt came up to me after we started walking, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He asked sounding worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine I guess. Are you?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just a bit shocked WICKED would literally behead kids." He replied.

"At this point I'm pretty sure they would do anything to us." I said.

We kept walking silently, just standing next to him made me feel safe.