Chapter 41:Ratman

YN POV

"Well that's not very nice." Ratman said.

"Leave her alone!" I heard Newt shout followed by a grunt of pain.

"Tell me Miss YN, or should I say Mrs Newton, where is Thomas?" Ratman asked.

"Right here." A voice said, I turned my head and noticed Thomas standing a few meters away from me.

Ratman got up and started walking up to Thomas, I noticed another helicopter land and saw a lady in white walk out of it.

She started walking towards us.

Whilst looking at the lady I hadn't noticed Thomas pull out a bomb, "Let them go!" Thomas shouted, with his finger on the big red button.

"Thomas!" The lady shouted, I finally got a better look at her and noticed a familiar face.

I turned to Newt who was intently looking at Thomas.

"Newt," I said, he turned his head to look at me and nodded, "That's the lady from the video, Ava Paige."

Newt looked at the woman and I saw a glint of recognition in his eyes, "She's the one that trapped us in the maze." He said with a clenched jaw.

"Why would she pretend to shoot herself?" I asked but before he could reply he got cut off by Thomas' shouts.

"Let them go!" Thomas shouted.

I started getting up and one of the guards was about to grab me when Ratman looked at the guard and shook his head.

Newt got up as well, followed by Emmy, Minho, Frypan and the rest of our friends.

We started walking towards Thomas and stood behind him. Newt was holding a trembling Emmy in his arms.

"Do it Thomas." Minho said.

"We're with you Tommy." Newt said.

Newt grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together, he bent down so his mouth was level with my ear.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered in reply.

I closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

"Thomas no!" Teresa, the traitor, shouted.

But before Thomas could press the button he was interrupted by a loud car horn.

I turned around and noticed Jorge and Brenda, "Come on, kids!" Jorge shouted. Thomas pressed the button on the bomb and threw it at a group of WICKED guards.

We all ran up to the car and jumped onto the boot. Jorge stepped on the gas and the car moved out of sight of WICKED.

He stopped behind some metal boxes and turned to us.

"Lets go save the rest." He said and passed each of us a gun.

We all jumped out of the car and hid behind the metal supply bins.

"So what's the plan?" Thomas asked.

"We fight." Brenda replied.

"Lets go!" Minho shouted and ran off towards WICKED. We all followed behind him.

The next minutes were a blur, smoke, shouts, bullets. We managed to save some kids and Jorge told them to go hide.

I heard a shout to my eft and turned around, Minho was hit by a launcher, his body shaking.

"Minho!" I shouted, I noticed a WICKED guard walking towards him.

And that's when I made a brave or stupid decision, I started running towards Minho. I got close to him and I was pointing the gun at the guard.

I pulled the trigger.

But nothing, no bang, no bullet, nothing. I was out of ammo. Before I could do anything else I felt a strike of electricity going through my body, I fell to the ground.

Everything was blurry, I couldn't hear what was going on around me. I felt someone grab my legs and I could feel that I was being dragged. The hard dirt turned into a polished floor and the last thing I heard before passing out was Newt shouting my name.

THOMAS POV

I was standing behind a wooden box with Newt when I heard a scream. I looked up and saw Minho getting hit by a launcher, but then something else caught my eyes.

A person was running towards Minho, YN.

She had a gun pointed at a WICKED guard, but something was wrong, she wasn't firing. Suddenly a white volt of electricity hit her.

I grabbed onto Newt's arm and pulled him back before he could run after her. "Let me go!" He shouted.

I said nothing, just carried on holding his arms, "They can't take her! LET ME GO!" He yelled.

A different WICKED guard walked towards her and grabbed her legs. The guard pulled her onto one of the bergs. "NO YN!" Newt carried on pulling against my arms but Frypan ran up to us and held him back as well.

"Please." I heard Newt choke out.

They had YN and Minho. Only a few of us were left, WICKED took most of the kids.

The bergs doors closed and all of them took off into the air.

I finally let go of Newt's arms and he fell onto his knees, an ear piercing scream left his mouth.

I turned around and noticed Emmy, she was sprinting towards us. She came to a stop in front of Newt and wrapped her small arms around him.

"Where's mummy?" I heard her ask, Newt hugged her back and kissed her head.

"WICKED has her, but I promise we'll find her." Newt said with a hoarse voice.

Emmy started crying and Newt leaned against the wooden box and pulled her into his lap.

"We'll be okay, she'll be okay." He said and looked up at me, tears in his eyes, asking me a silent question. I nodded my head and he looked back at Emmy.

"Shh, it's okay." He told her, stroking her hair. "I won't let anything happened to her." He promised.