Chapter 33: Lightning

YN POV

And we carried on walking, we were all upset about Jack but we had to keep going. It was starting to get dark now, we have been walking for about 4 hours since Jacks death.

I heard Emmy dramatically sigh from my right (she was walking in between Newt and I).

"What's wrong, princess?" Newt asked looking down at the girl.

She dramatically sighed again, "I'm tired..." She said.

"Come on then." Newt smiled and picked her up, resting her on his hip.

"Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed and hugged him.

"Your welcome, princess." Newt replied kissing her forehead.

"Here." I said putting a blanket around her.

"Thank you, mummy." She said and then yawned.

"Now go to sleep, hun." I said.

"Okay, mummy." And with that the little girl closed her eyes.

We walked for about an hour longer when Minho stopped us.

"Lets get some rest, shanks." He said pointing at some ruins.

We all walked up to where Minho pointed and put our stuff down. Emmy was asleep, laying on Newt, whilst Newt's arm was around my shoulder, my head resting on his chest. Minho and Anna started a fire and we all sat down looking into the bright orange flames.

"This is giving me Déjà vu from the glade." Minho sighed.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the glade." Frypan said, I could see tears falling down his face.

"I know, we always complained about how bad it was, but honestly, it was so much better there, we were free." Newt said. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek.

"Do you remember when we used to play truth or dare, every single bonfire?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh my god Yes!" Minho said excitement laced in his voice. "If I recall correctly, that was the first time Newt flirted with YN."

"Well, what did he say?" Anna asked.

"Oh god." Newt muttered under his breath.

"Oh this is gonna be good." Minho smirked and cleared his throat. "I'm Newt, and Frypan, you're YN"

"Okay." Frypan laughed.

"YN, you are like the 20 letters of the alphabet." Minho started.

"There's 26 letters in the alphabet, you twat." Frypan re-enacted.

"Oh how could I forget, U, R, A, Q, T."

"That's 25, you forgot one."

"Silly me, silly me, you can get that D later." Minho finished, everyone but Newt and I burst out laughing. "So tell us YN, did you get that D later?" Minho asked still laughing.

"I guess we'll never know." I replied with a smirk.

"Come on YN, you can't leave us at a cliff hanger." Thomas whined.

"I just did." I replied making Newt start laughing loudly.

"Wait was that when they still didn't like each other?" Anna asked.

"Yep, their two month glade anniversary." Minho replied.

"Aww, you had an enemies to lovers." Anna said.

"OH MY GOD THEY DID!" Minho suddenly yelled once realisation hit him. This sudden outburst made Emmy wake up with a groan.

"What's going on?" She asked in a half asleep state.