Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN- Lesson Plans

Renee's absence was odd at first. After Xavion's big reveal, I was expecting her to show up at the door with holy water and crosses. Oddly, she never did.

Without Renee coming around, Grant was getting too comfortable with spending most of his days pants-less. I spent most of my human lessons of the past week trying not to make direct eye-contact with his tight boxer-briefs. Because Grant was worried about the whole "Crazy Catholic Situation," I wasn't supposed to be leaving the house.

It was honestly some major bull, but his concerns were justified I suppose. If anything, Xavion was more bent out of shape about Grant's new cautions than I was. Apparently, he couldn't give me my "first radtastic demon lesson" unless we were outside of the apartment.

"For the last time, it isn't safe." I heard Grant say for the umpteenth time , sounding exasperated.

Xavion groaned, "But we really need to get jump-started on his lessons! Now that the annoying chick is gone, I'll be able to make some real progress on the angel."

Grant made grumbling noises as I heard them coming down the hallway, making their way to me. I was sitting on the couch, which was really the only thing in the apartment that felt like mine. I was relaxed against it, waiting for Grant to be ready for today's lesson.

"How about instead of whatever boring shit you have planned for today, you'll let me take the angel out for a spin?"

"Ishmael is not a car." Grant scoffed. "And my plans are not boring. Today I was going to show him how to do taxes."

"Do you hear yourself? You just told me that taxes weren't boring." They finally made their way into the living area, coming out of the hallway and glancing at me. Xavion grinned. "Ishy-poo, would you rather have a boring, dumb time with this absolute loser?" He asked, pointing his thumb to Grant. "Or do ya want to go have a fun time with me?"

I didn't trust the mischievous glint in his eyes. I narrowed mine. "What does 'fun' entail?"

"Heroine."

"No!"

"I'm kidding!" Xavion chuckled, throwing his arms up in defense. "But, we did make a deal and time's a-ticking for you to start your lessons."

I scoffed and leaned back. "I don't care about your dumb deeeeal." I whined, "I want to learn about taxes. Sounds fun!"

Grant smirked. "See?" He mocked Xav. He gestured to me to follow. "It's pretty simple, Ishmael. First, you need to find out if you need to file. Then, you'll need to gather the documents you'll need-- whether that be a W-2, 1099, or whatever else. Let's say you just want to go for a standardized deduction. In which case, you--"

........

Grant's tax-talk bored me half to death, so now I was sitting in a chair and listening to Xavion rant and rave about the different sins and the best ways to commit them.

"Technically," he stressed, "if you angrily masturbate to a picture of another guy's money and jizz in your mouth... as long as you take pride in it... you've committed all the sins once." Xavion crossed his arms, looking awfully cocky. "It's my morning routine."

I frowned as he pulled up a picture of a man holding a stack of money.

"Now-- the first time is quite difficult, but--"

"I'm going back to learning about taxes," I grumbled and stood up to go to get Grant.

..............