Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO- Grant's Flat

A collection of bed fabrics collided with the comfortable-looking, long seat. Grant's arms splayed out as if he was presenting it to me, "Here you are! Your bed! I will be sleeping in my bed just another room over," he explained, pointing a finger down a thin hallway off to the left. He grinned, "If you need me, just holler."

I blinked at the collection of fabrics, picking one up. They were obviously blankets, though a bunch of them seemed too thin to provide warmth. Grant watched me as I held them out, observing them with curiosity.

"Jesus," he grunted before swiping it from me, he laid them down on the bed and smoothed everything out. After he was done, he pulled out a soft-looking square and plopped it on the bed. He turned to me with crossed arms, "Sleep on your stomach if you can, I don't want your weird blood all over my couch."

My eyebrows raised as I pointed to the couch, "This is a couch? I thought you said it was a bed."

He shrugged, "It's a temporary bed."

I pointed to the soft rectangle with a hesitant expression, "What's that?"

"A pillow," he sighed, "Please, for the love of God, tell me that they have pillows in Heaven. If not, I'll probably just kill a man and go to Hell."

"Heaven has pillows," I responded icily, "Just much better than... whatever that is." I insulted, waving my hand across the poor attempt at something comfortable.

Grant's eyes rolled, "You know, I thought angels were supposed to be all nice and innocent. Not borderline bitchy and dumb."

"Well, that's rude." I gasped, feeling an array of guilt press into my chest, "It's not like you've been the nicest either."

Grant gave me an annoyed look, "I had a solid plan to have a lovely night with that woman, maybe a bit to drink. Maybe spend the night here, in my flat. Finally get laid." He groaned, "but no! The sky had to cock-block me!"

My eyebrows drew in as I tried to comprehend exactly what he was saying, "A couple questions... though... a flat?"

Grant looked like he wanted to strangle me, "The apartment you are currently in."

That certainly wasn't an explanation. My stare remained blank.

"My house."

"Ahhhh!" I exclaimed, finally understanding, "And what is 'get laid'? Is it some weird human slang for... falling?"

Grant's eyebrows pinched, "Why would I want to--?" He sighed and let the question go. "No, getting laid is... uh..." He met my eyes and frowned, "This is like talking to a child."

I scowled, "I am not a child." I declared, crossing my arms and giving him my most serious expression.

"Yeah, but it's like talking to one." He grunted and rolled his eyes, "Sex. I wanted to have sex with her."

My eyes bulged at his rash statement. I was surprised his soul didn't burst to flames on the spot. I took a step away from him, "Without being married?"

"Yep." Grant nodded, "Done it before and I'm not afraid to do it again."

I gasped, offended that he was talking about such a thing like it was normal. My eyes narrowed, "That's a serious sin."

Grant shrugged, "I also over-eat, don't go to church, don't truly believe in God--."

I held out a hand, silently asking for him to silence himself. He stopped talking, sporting an amused grin. I stared in fear and disgust at the monster before me, "You're burning in Hell."