Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN- Coked-Up Grandma's House

"Few ideas, huh?" Grant remarks snidely as he drops his packed bag of clothes and necessities on a park bench.

Xavion rolled his eyes and kept typing on his phone. "It's not my fault that all my good friends are in Hell right now." He was probably trying to call someone again, because he put the device on his ear and tapped his foot impatiently for a second.

He sighed and dropped his arm, before scrolling through to what I assumed was another contact.

I wondered how he had so many people on his phone-- I only had Daddy Dumbion and Grant for a week, but I'd already accidentally called or messaged the wrong person a few times.

I gently set a bag of my own down and sat next to it.

I wasn't sure what exactly to pack. Xavion had just said, "okay, let's split up for ten minutes max to get everything we need."

I ended up throwing in all of the clothes that Grant got me, the earring cleaner for the hole in my ear, the blanket from the couch that I liked, and the charging-thing for my phone. Though, it didn't appear that this park bench had a counterpart charging-thing.

After a few more people, Xavion's eyes lit up and he began talking into his phone. "Hey, Jessy!"

My ears perked up as I recognized the name.

"Oh, eh, I've been better. What about you?" A pause. "Ah, yeah. I get that."

Grant elbowed Xavion and motioned for him to speed it up.

Xavion rolled his eyes, "Okay, Jess, I'll cut to the chase. My roommates and I are in a little pickle. Do ya think we might be able to crash at your place for a bit?" A long pause. "Oh, well, it was more of a break-in." Short pause. "No- no, we're all good. We just need a place to stay." He sighs and rolls his eyes after listening to something she says. "Yeah, yeah." His eyes lit up. "Fuck yeah. What's the address?" He snapped at Grant. "Grant, get something to write this down on."

"Do I look like I carry around a pen and paper?"

I pulled out my phone and grinned. "I can write on the cool texting app and send it to you!"

Grant and Xavion both looked at me in surprise for a moment.

"Wow, I think that's the first good idea you've had," Xavion remarked before gesturing to Grant. "Grant, use your phone. You don't type like a dying sloth."

I pouted and returned the phone to my pocket. Xavion started to recite a few numbers and words as Grant typed them into his phone.

"Thanks, Jessica." Xavion sighed. "You're a real one." He pulled the phone away from his face and ended the call. He shoved it back in his pocket and grabbed his own bag from the park bench.

"Put that address in a GPS and we're home free," Xavion said.

Grant messed with his phone before also picking up his bag and gesturing down the sidewalk with his head. "It's about a fifteen-minute walk from here."

I picked up my own bag and slung it over my shoulder before following the both of them to where I hoped I could take an extremely long nap.

.......................................

The house was quite cramped as we all dragged our stuff in. Instead of a large building with many different apartments, Jessica's house seemed to be for one family. If even.

There were random loads of laundry taking up the couch and food scraps scattered on the floor.

Jessica, who had greeted us at the door, was leading us through a cramped living room.