Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN- The Holy Water Gun

I think Grant was getting too used to weird shit happening. The second our door was busted open and a tall angel walked in, Grant sighed and laid his fork down on his half-finished plate. He looked up at the ceiling. "Why."

Xavion stopped mid-chew and raised an eyebrow at the man standing in our doorway. "You could have knocked."

The angel had a soul as pure and innocent as they come. It honestly contradicted with his intimidating demeaner. His platinum blonde hair was greased back and his golden eyes twinkled. His long, flowing white robes did nothing to hide the huge wings folded behind his back. The sight made me miss the wings I once had.

I didn't recognize him, which was weird because heaven was a pretty small town. Everyone knew everyone. But, I guess most of the angels trained for Earth missions didn't spend a lot of their time socializing with purely-heaven angels, such as myself.

He trained a gun directly at Xavion. "Demon. I am not here to banish you to Hell."

"Hm." Xavion nodded. "What are you here for? A tea party?"

I frowned and set my own silverware down. "W-Wait, can you put down the weapon so we can talk?"

The man whipped out a bright, plastic gun and pointed it at me. We all looked at it in confusion.

He approached the table, both dramatically different-looking guns pointed at the two of us. "Human." the angel gave Grant a pointed look, "I suggest you leave.."

Grant sighed and stood up. He obviously wasn't in the mood to et into an argument about it. He grabbed his plate of food and left.

The angel emotionlessly set his eyes on Xavion once Grant was out of sight. "I have this pistol loaded with oxians. If you give me what I want, everything will go smoothly."

My eyes went to the gun pointed at Xavion. "Oxians... are those, like, the killy-killy kind?"

Xavion sighed. "Yes, Ishmael." He looked at the intruder with a raised eyebrow. "What do you want?"

"We have been shown evidence that Fallen 4392, formally known as Ishmael, is not fully understanding the severity of his punishment. Instead of aiming for redemption, he has fallen further into sin. Let me have him."

Xavion's eyes narrowed as he tensed up. "What are you planning on doing with him?"

"That is not information you require." The angel deadpanned. "If you let me take him calmly, this will go much smoother."

"You shouldn't be able to have any control over what he does." Xavion growled. He stood up and crossed his arms.

The angel tilted his head upward, looking down on Xavion. He clicked the safety of the gun. "Demon, please comply while I am asking nicely."

Xavion took a step closer to me. His leg pressed into my arm as I awkwardly remained seated. "I have a deal with him, angel." He said condescendingly. "You can't take him away without making him break our deal, which would kill him."

Well, I didn't know that. I should probably look over the details of our deal sometime.

The angel pondered this. "Very well. I was unaware of the entire situation."

Xavion nodded. "Yes, you were."

"I will have to kill you afterall, then. No matter," he shot off a bullet, which Xavion barely dodged. He ducked under the kitchen table and pulled my leg for me to do the same.