Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Ishmael's Soul POV:

It's an abyss. I feel like I've been curled in on myself, stuck with my back stretching to encase me. Every movement sends me spiraling, spinning into the walls of my confinement.

I feel a sharp, desperate yearning to be whole again. My whole being and heart tremble with the need to be reconnected with something. My body, I want my body.

Another movement and I'm crashing into the other side of my walls.

I hear his laugh: it's a joyous, celebratory laugh.

Everything sounds celebratory. I can hear it all.

"Welcome back, Lord Xavion!"

"How was your journey to the Earth plane, Lord Xavion?"

"My Lord! What an extraordinary soul you have there!"

The voices all mixed together until they were one, hissing and desperate for "Lord" Xavion's attention. I want to call out, inform them that their "Lord" was the most immature child on the planet, but I had no means of talking. My mouth was full. And my throat was clogged. How I breathed-- if I was breathing-- was beyond me.

All I knew was that I wanted to break out of here. Desperately.

I really wanted to be put back in my body. Desperately. 

I wanted to stop feeling so desperate. Desperately. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ishmael's Body POV:

I felt calm. I felt... normal. After the pain of Christopher's death, Xavion's betrayal, and the fear of nearly dying... it was nice to finally feel nothing.

The only annoying bit was this scratching at my chest. It was this desperate yearning for something, but I couldn't place what. And, honestly, I didn't care enough to find out.

I sat up in Xavion's bed, finding the room looking normal. Clean. Empty. Normal. Our clothes were thrown across the room from our final moments together.

I shrugged and swung my feet out of bed, deciding to see if the annoying pull in my chest was related to the hunger also rumbling my belly.

After Xavion ditched me, I laid in his bed for a few hours. Sex, losing your soul, and laying around staring blankly at the ceiling could really work up an appetite.

I nearly left, but realized I was still naked. I frowned down at my pale, naked form and quickly grabbed some clothes off the floor. Not caring whose it was, I threw them all on. Then, I set back on my mission to fill my stomachs. I hummed as I entered the kitchen. To my surprise, Grant was in the living room. He looked like he had just finished up his nap, and was wearing nothing but his underwear, like usual. I searched the fridge for something to eat.

Grant took notice of me. "Hey, Ishmael. How are you doing? It's been a stressful few weeks, so... I figured I'd ask."

I shrugged, still looking through the fridge. "I'm okay."

"What about Xavion? He always looks like he doesn't care-- but I feel like he does."

"Oh, well. I'm sure he's-- Ooh, an apple." I plucked it out of the fruit bin and took a bite. "I see why Eve and Adam fucked everything up for this shit, now." I said around a bite of apple.

"Ishmael?" Grant inquired.

"Hm?-- Oh, yeah. Xavion. Honestly, I'm sure he's fine. Not sure he's capable of caring for anything," I scowled. "That sack of shit." I took another bite of my apple, savoring the crunch and juicy gush.

"What?"

"Yeah." I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, next to Grant. "I dunno if ya could hear us, but it got pretty hot and heavy up in there. It was nice and everything up until the end, when he yanked my soul out of my body and ditched."

Grant sat up quickly, looking at me with shock. "What?!"

"Yeah. It's fucked up, right? He was acting like such a dick too." I took another bite of my apple.

"H-He took your soul? Where?"

"Fuck if I know. Hell?" I guessed lazily. As I pondered where he may have taken it, I felt another sharp, insistent tug on my chest. It pulled down, as if it wanted to drag me down with it.

I frowned and held my hand over my chest. It was looking for my soul, wasn't it? I was probably going to die if I didn't find my soul.

I groaned and took another bite of my apple, careful not to eat any of the seeds as I got closer to the core. "Damn. Grant, I think we may need to hunt my soul down from Xavion."

Grant was still staring at me with his baffled expression.

"Otherwise, I'll probably die."

Grant looked up at the ceiling as if it held the answers. "I'm gonna need another nap."

The End

A/N: And that wraps up the final chapter of Sinners Are Winners! For me, it's been a fun ride-- and I hope you also enjoyed it!

If you're interested, I am planning on writing a sequel-- which I hope will be available soon!

~~~

I'd like to thank you all for your support throughout the process of me writing this story. It's honestly been a great help-- both for my confidence with writing and motivation.

Please! Let me know what you think worked/didn't work! Feel free to share your opinions freely about the story or my writing in general. I'll be glad to receive any comments or private messages.

Also, feel free to ask me questions. 

Thank you for sharing this journey with me. See you all in Hell! (in a good way, I promise)