Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX- Deals with Demons, I Guess

"Uh-- I'm--you're--demon" I fumbled through every non-word in the English language, "Er-- You have a gun." I pressed myself further into the couch. I felt the cushions press into the gaping holes in my back, which had basically healed, but remained as giant holes.

    The demon's eyebrow lifted, "...Yeah?" He flipped something on the side, making an ominous clicking noise.

    I closed my eyes, willing the dark metal contraption to be cleared from existence, "I'm guessing it's loaded with... uh... the ouchie stuff. Or is it loaded with the... killy-killy stuff?"

    The demon sounded confused when he spoke, "Oxians, of course." When I didn't reply, he sighed. "Killy-killy."

    I sucked in a breath, "Ah, okay. Cool, cool." It was most certainly not cool. Not cool at all. I opened my eyes to get another read of his expression. He was regarding me with both bewilderment and curiosity.

    "You have to be the oddest demon-hunter I've come across." The demon laughed, "Poor little thing, are you new to the job?"

    I stared down the barrel of the gun, "Uh-- I'm not here to hunt you. I'm sorta kinda living here."

    "Bullshit." The demon snarled, "The only roommate I have would never be nice enough to let a random guy from off the street live here. Unless he went bi on me and it's a weird sex thing." He shrugged. Then he ran his eyes up and down my body, "And that soul's too pure for any weird sex things."

    "I-I think it was a sex thing with someone else... that sorta made him let me stay." I admitted.

    The demon didn't look the slightest bit convinced, "Uh...huh. Yeah, okay." His sarcasm was impeccable as he proceeded, "And you're also not here to assassinate me?"

    "That's correct." I nodded, "I'm not even an angel. I'm fallen."

    A laugh escaped from the demon's lips, "Must we circle back to how pure your soul is? No way." he used the gun towave over my pristine, white soul, "you're practically blinding me t-b-h."

    "Well, it's true." I frowned, following the gun with my eyes. "Hey, you don't like God. I don't like God. We both seem to know Grant. Uh-- we're both into sinning. I-I think we could really get along if you don't shoot me." I gave him a small smile, trying to erase my nerves, "Plus-- if I were lying right now-- wouldn't my soul be getting darker?"

    "It is." He pointed out.

    I frowned and looked down, finding it swirling with more darkness than before. "Oh." I thought over my words, "Wait! That's because I said I don't like God!" As if agreeing with me, my soul smudged with a bit more grey. After it seemed to stabilize on it's color, I proceeded with, "I'm here to kill you." And watched as it grew even more dark.

    He looked at me for a long moment.  "Okay, Pinocchio." The demon rolled his eyes, "I get the gist. Though, that doesn't explain why you are here."

"Because Grant is letting me stay here. I'm newly fallen and don't have anywhere else to go. Um-- my name is also not Pinocchio. It's Ishmael." We both peered at my soul, watching as it remained static.

"So..." the demon paused, collecting his thoughts, "Let me get this straight. You're a newly fallen angel, living with a random human you met. You just happened to run into me on accident. You have no intention to kill me?"

"Correct." I nodded, glad that he was beginning to believe me.

The demon still seemed to be thinking, "And you want... to sin?"