F O R T Y

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

"I'm sorry, it totally slipped my mind amidst all the pressure, but are you sure you want to come?" I asked princess for the hundredth time and all I got in response was her tightened grip around my hand.

The court hearing for Mr. Vega and Harry has been arranged for next week and today we can finally meet them for settlements and confrontations, and I don't feel pumped with the idea of taking princess with me.

Sierra being scared of the whole situation is the least of my worries, because, even if the world doesn't understand she's a fighter. The strongest one to exist and I'm proud of her for that what's worrying me is that in the evening we have a party and it might end up being tiresome for princess.

I know Princess needs closure, one last conversation with the monsters she has defeated which is why I need to take with me, this is what my little fighter needs to win her last battle.

More than anything, I need to talk to Vega and find out how many people he's left behind in ruins for me to look after.

I wonder how many lives of different Mary's he has played with, and more than anything, I know that if I help Mary get back her family princess will be happy.

To me, Sierras my princess but in reality, she's a queen and as long as the queen of this empire is happy, so am I.

"Sir, we're here," the drive said making me snap out of my thoughts.

I got off the car and quickly made my way to Sierra's side helping her step out as my legal team came up to me and greeted me.

"Good morning sir, we have denied all possible settlements that the opposition has asked for and further connected to Ms. Sara's legal team and she has shown no interest in taking her share from the will. Ms. Sara has made it clear through her team that, everything is now Ms. Sierras and Ms. Sierra, alone. The only thing Ms. Sara has asked for is a particular ring that belongs to her mother."

I kept my hand wrapped around princesses waist and my face voice but internally, I was confused.

Does Sara want nothing?

"Sir?" I immediately looked back up to my employee and nodded asking him to continue. "You've been granted half an hour with the accused, herein, everything will be recorded and you can choose to have a guard wait with you inside the room or outside. Our behavioral counselors observed that the accused, Mr. Vega in particular seems to be mentally disturbed, he's acting on impulse and hysterically while Mr. Harry seems to be doing just fine. That's all, you may proceed, sir"

I nodded and looked down at princess and gave her a small smile, "ready?" I asked.

"A-always" princess said with a look of determination.

My fighter.

At times, when I want to console princess, I want to say the turn 'I understand' but do I? Can I say, 'I understand' when I've never cried to live my life with the bare minimum every day? Can I say 'I understand' when I, haven't been violated mentally and physically every day? Can I say 'I understand' when I've never suffered from the pain of consoling myself to not die? Can I say 'I understand' when I'm not princess, someone, who is so strong both mentally and physically, whom I can't even compare myself to?