T H I R T Y F I V E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

✨Same Skies, is out now✨

♥️

"Alex, are you absolutely sure, you'll be able to handle everything?" I gave a small smile and nodded only to realize I was on the phone with Maya and she couldn't see me.

"Yes Maya, I am, take Ian and get him vaccinated properly I'll handle everything in the house, I'll have a late breakfast ready for everyone."

Maya thanked me once again and finally put down the phone while I made a mental checklist of what all I have to make only to be interrupted by my alarm.

9:00 am.

Time for princess to wake up.

I stopped the alarm and stepped toward my bedroom, our bedroom, and went to princesses' side.

The doctor had given strict commands on how Sierras sleep should not exceed more than 7 hours since she sleeps under the influence of medicines.

Looking at princess sleep peacefully, calmed me down. It makes me feel calm knowing she feels safe and secure. I looked down and saw Champ holding a ball in his mouth.

"Morning boy, go and have a run in the garden beside the gym while I wake up your best friend, okay?" I played along and threw the ball outside the bedroom and saw Champ run out chasing his toy.

I turned back to princess and smiled, I tucked the few strands of her long hair behind her ears and took a moment to myself, appreciating her existence.

Do I deserve all that I have today? Probably not.

Maybe Sierra is my life's happy coincidence, maybe she just crashed into it but now, she is my life.

How do I explain to the world, that it's not just this feeling of infatuation and romanticism but that of utmost respect? How do I explain, that what I feel is respect and care and this unexplainable feeling of giving Sierra the world?

It's more than just love, it's something far greater and I don't even know how to describe it. Maybe it's because, I was so drowned in my dark world that I never loved princess the way she deserved to be loved, maybe it's because I took the love I got from Xander and Maya as an advantage and forgot to appreciate it until princess came.

It's like, princess walked in and flipped my word around and I hated it, I hated how she made me forget and lose control and wait, she made me question my steps before I took them.

The sudden tossing of blankets slightly made me lose my train of thoughts and I looked up to find princess scrunching her face.

A habit of hers, she tends to do that when she's waking up.

I bent toward her left side and softly ran my hands through her long locks, waiting for her to finally open her eyes.

The moment she did, my breath stopped.

I was still getting used to it, her beautiful doe teal eyes which sparkled like it held the entire universe inside it.

They seemed to be dull, but if there's one thing I'm going to make right in my life then that's to get those eyes sparkling again.

"Good morning, princess" I smiled and looked down into Sierra's eyes while she stared back at me without any emotions, I gulped softly and kept my smile intact.