E I G H T

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

Nervousness was getting on my nerve.

The moment I got out of the lift, my blood ran cold.

So many people.

I took a moment to absorb my environment but soon relaxed noticing how literally everyone was busy with what they were doing.

They all seemed to be in their own world

I stepped out of the lift and realized that this floor was much quieter than the first floor, I think it's because Alex's office is here.

The office surprisingly screamed Alex, the glass building with grey and black color coordination was very Alex.

Right in front of me was another receptionist's table, I walked over to the table and this, time around a guy was sitting there "excuse me?" the receptionist looked up at me and smiled "yes ma'am, how may I help you?" I stammered a little but continued, "I-I want to meet A-Alex. Alex Taylor?" The receptionist frowned but quickly nodded "to the extreme right, ma'am" he guided.

I walked up to the given directions and saw a glass door with 'Alex Taylor' written on it before I could knock another woman stopped me.

God, it feels as though I am going to meet the president.

"Excuse me miss, where are you going?" she raised an eyebrow and narrowed her eyes at me, I looked around a little uncomfortable "I need t-to m-meet Alex" I answered, and the women snorted "and who are you again, miss? I am Mr. Taylor's personal secretary and girlfriend" my eyes almost popped out at her answer, but I was not able to reply back.

Girlfriend, of course, he had a girlfriend!

Who was I to Alex, anyway?

"u-um, I am Alex's friend!" I replied and the women kept staring at me before replying, "How dare you to call Mr. Taylor by this first name? Get ou-" just before she could complete her sentence Alex stepped out of his cabin.

He seemed a little surprised to see me but quickly put on his void face again.

He's really good at that.

"Ms. Brett may I know what you are doing here with my fiancé ?" the moment Alex said fiancé I stilled, what?

Fiancé

FIANCE?!

From my limited knowledge about marriage and relationships, I've probably got it wrong but I think fiancé means a person who you are about to be married to.

I snapped out of my thought when I heard a gasp.

The woman, Alex's girlfriend that is, seemed scared to death "fiancé?"

She repeated.

"Mr. Taylor, I'm so sorry but she said she was your friend, and I thought she was lying to me!" she answered while Alex just shook his head, "Ms. Brett, this is my fiancé, and you or anyone in this whole office must not question her under any circumstances. Do I make myself clear?" Alex asked the women with a dangerous edge to his voice, which made me shudder.

The women- Ms. Brett nodded weakly and walked away from us.

Without saying a word Alex went back inside his office and I followed him like a lost puppy.

Which I probably was.

I closed the door behind me and stood at the corner of the room while Alex sat at his chair and continued working.