T W E N T Y S E V E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

The entire car ride back home, I felt paranoid.

Alex probably felt something was off with the way I was sticking to his side, almost sitting on his lap.

The scene most probably resembled a joey hanging to its mother.

Joeys are baby koalas.

The only problem was that the entire way home my head was spinning with thousands of questions.

"what's the matter with you?" Alex asked me and frowned.

At that moment I decided to ask away my doubts.

"Why does my father want us to get married so soon, an-and why are we getting married, aren't married people supposed to l-love each other?"

In all the fairytales I ever read, the prince and the princess did love each other

I held my breath for a moment and handed over all my trust to Alex.

I knew in my subconscious mind that asking sir the same question would have resulted in me being hit so bad, I'd end up in the hospital but, this was Alex and I believed-no, I know he would never hurt me the way sir used to.

"So, you don't know?" Alex asked me and the sudden shift in his aura did not go unnoticed.

"Well, Sara, your father has gone out of money, in other words, he's gone bankrupt because of me. I brought all his possible shares from the market, and now his company is in a do-or-die situation while the entire control is in my hands. It's my call to make."

I felt overwhelmed with the sudden information but kept a straight face.

"What does this have to do with us?" I asked while my gut started churning. I had a bad feeling about what was coming my way.

"I put an offer on his table, either he gives me his most prized possession or I take away the only little thing he has to keep him surviving- his daughter or his company. What I could not believe was that the bastard was also a pig, he gave you away, his daughter for what, Money? "

A game

That's exactly what all of this was and me? I was a pawn.

At this very moment, the realization hit me like a brick.

It wasn't sir's betrayal that hurt, no, instead it was Alex's, everything he did for me was out of pity. He pitied me because to him my father did not care about me at all which is, in fact, true, he thought taking me away was going to make Sir sad when Alex just gifted him the best thing ever.

I muttered the only thing thing that came out of my mouth "w-why?"

If Alex's aura shifted to a dark one before now it was black now, he looked as though he was ready to kill.

He looked down at me and smiled, "guess I'll just tell you everything today, then. There is no use hiding shit from you anymore. Now, where do I start?"

My vision started to get blurry with unshed tears covering my view while I stared at Alex, right now, this very moment, he looked like a different person.

"This is going to be interesting, it was always me and my dad against the world. My father was an automobile engineer and I'd often sit with him in the garage for hours and hear him talk about him building his dream car. My mother was never in the picture which is why dad and I were pretty much inseparable. When I turned five my father gifted me a small toy car, and by the looks of the car it seemed far from the future but that toy was my father's design for his car. Dad was very excited and had started searching for people to help him fund to make his dream a reality while he put all the money he had on the table and waited for someone to help him fund within a week a man showed up, he was like an angel to us and he trusted my father's ideas like no one else did. He helped my father with the funds even though he wasn't very well off. Within a year the car of our dreams had a roaring engine in reality. The day of the launch was supposed to be the best day of our lives, but it turned out to be the worst. The man who had helped us fund the project had taken all the legal right away from my father and claimed that the design was his own. He took all the money from the sale of the cars and flew away to god knows where while my dad was left heartbroken"

Alex suddenly looked down at me in the eyes with so much hatred that something inside me broke.

"Do you know what it is like to lose the only person who been there for you, Sara? Do you know what it feels like to see your father drowns in depression and dies in a fucking car accident at the tender age of seven? No, You damn don't, because you were born with a freaking silver spoon in your mouth. All this money you've thrown around all these years is my father's hard-earned money Sara, not yours"

And just like that it all clicked right back to place, the man who helped fund was sir.

"Amazing isn't it, the roles have been reversed now. The damn piece of shit you call father came to me after my father's death and told me that I could live off in foster care without any money or place to be but he couldn't because his wife was pregnant and that he had nothing to give to me but ten dollars after the billions he made off my father's hard work"

I stilled "what a-are are you talking about A-Alex?"

The car suddenly came to a stop and the driver lowered the partition letting Alex know we had reached home.

Alex looked livid, he pulled me outside the car and took me back to the apartment with a firm grip on my arm.

The broken arm by side my bruised rib.

Once we reached the apartment Alex pulled me to his office and threw a big bundle of papers at me.

"This is the balance sheet of your father's company from back when he made his first million on my father's blood and sweat."

Alex pulled out another bundle and threw its papers at me again and shouted "these are the medical reports and bills my father had to pay 

♥️

𝓥𝓸𝓽𝓮, 𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀

𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮- 𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪.𝘩𝘢𝘩𝘢

𝘩𝘢𝘩𝘢