T H I R T Y T W O

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

"Maya, I'm leaving now. Please take care of Champ," I said and smiled.

One last time.

"Darling, where are you going all dressed up like that?" Maya asked me and bent down, petting Champ, who hasn't left my side since we reunited.

"Oh, I really need to manage and sort out a few modeling contracts from the past. It is a little urgent," I lied through my teeth and continued to look at Maya, she was nothing less than an elder sister for me. She stood by me, took care of me, and always loved me.

"Okay, darling, come back soon," Maya said and stood up, smiling at me as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank you, I don't have a lot of women I look up to but, you are one of them," I said and tightened my grip around Maya.

"Aww, darling, what is it with you today?" I pulled away, slowly looked down.

"No-nothing, it's just that I'm going b-back to work a-and seeing how h-hard you work to make ends meet and for Ian to h-have a good future s-speaks to me" Maya laughed softly and patted my head.

"Life teaches you a lot of lessons, darling. Ian, Xander, and Alex are all a gift from heaven created especially for me. They have always stood by my side and empowered me, they are the reason behind who I am today," I nodded in understanding and picked up my sling bag.

"You are a strong woman, Maya. Always remember that, bye" I said, one last time and headed outside to face the real world.

I quickly got into the elevator and ran through my mental map, the ultimate aim: the papers.The entire time, I kept reminding myself that now is not when I break. Today, at this moment I have to be strong.

Strong for Alex, strong for myself.

Once we reached the parking, I walked towards one of the many cars that Alex had left for my use with a driver and got in.

"Good afternoon ma'am, where do you want to go today?" The driver asked and slightly bowed."Umm, hello, good afternoon to you too. I n-need to go to v-visit the vega h-headquarters"

Stay strong, Sierra.

Stay strong.

"Sure ma'am, please sit back and relax. We will take around twenty-five to thirty minutes to reach your destination" I smiled, trying to hide my fear, and nodded.

Internally, I could feel myself cracking.

The scars, the cigarette marks, the unwanted touches were shaking my soul.

You got this, Sierra, you got this.

I closed my eyes tightly and thought of Alex, back to when I saw him laugh for the first time because I called him an emperor penguin.

The sound of laughter mentally ringed through my ears, slowly but steadily taking over my fears and making me smile.

When safe is happy, I am happy.