F O R T Y T W O

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

Allora affetto is now completed

♥️

I sighed, looking up at the wall clock I noticed it was 10.30 pm already.

I immediately closed my laptop and walked out of Alex's office and into our now shared bedroom only to find my man having a staring competition with Champ.

"Stop staring at me, go and sleep, what's with the constant stares?" Alex said coldly while maintaining his eye contact with Champ and in response Champ barked at him making Alex wince.

I smiled, looking at both of my boys bickering with each other. It has been almost two months since Alex was discharged and I realized, that taking charge and control over things is what I needed to do.

While Alex is and will always be my safe...working, even though it's from home has somewhat forced me to open up.

It helped me concentrate on things rather than living in my own world, it's made me understand that my safe is Alex Taylor. That other than regretting and crying over old memories I need to take them with me and move forward.

Alex always says that I shouldn't try and forget what happened, which is what I actually wanted to do, but he made me understand that I am who I am, because of what I've been through. It took time, but I accepted it, this is me with my scars.

When everything initially went down, I wanted to forget but I wasn't able to. It's like, I slipped into my own world but when Alex got hurt and I had to take care of him, things automatically started getting back to place.

All I needed was time, control, and love.

"Princess?"

My train of thoughts broke and I looked up at Alex with a smile on my face and went up to him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked while brushing back the hair that was now on his face and almost reaching his beautifully brown eyes.

"Do you realize you've stopped stuttering? I found it endearing when you used to stutter, I miss it but I love you for being the confident woman you are, now" Alex said making my smile widen.

Internally, I knew it's because I suddenly had to talk to so many people altogether, as the CFO I couldn't hide behind the lights.

In fact, I took over as the CFO from the next day to when I originally made my position known to everyone in the video conference. Five days into working, I cried in the hospital holding Alex's hand while he sat next to me without speaking a word.

He knew I had to do it, he couldn't always protect me, hide me so instead he became my support system. Whenever I cried, he'd sit beside me and tell me I could do it, he'd push me to do better and while this was only two months ago, I knew I had changed. I had grown.

Grown because I had my safe place right beside me.

"Why don't you make up your mind Mr. Taylor?" I teased softly and leaned into Alex's embrace.

"I made up my mind a long time ago, I choose you I don't care what variation I get. Every phrase is beautiful, it's like seeing a caterpillar growing into a butterfly." I chuckled and looked up at Alex while my head was resting against his shoulder.

"You're cheesy, I think I used that slang right," I said and sat up, clapping my hands softly.

"Last time we had a conversation, you said I was 'whipped' for you. Whipped means to have been flogged or beaten with a whip, make it make sense Ms-soon-to-be-Taylor"