T H I R T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I looked around the empty house and sighed.

Maya left after making dinner but Alex was still not back home.

I generally wouldn't have been worried about Alex but he did say he'd come back by eight.

He said that to Maya, not you.

My consciousness reminded me.

But does that matter? He had to Come back by eight, and he still hadn't and that's the main point.

Maybe I should ask Maya to get Ian here more often, I can help him study too!

I looked up at the time and saw that it was about to be eleven-thirty.

Maybe I should wait just a tad bit longer?

I sat down on the couch and switched on the TV.

Yes, I know what you're thinking!

Maya told me I can see the TV anytime I feel like it!

Just then, the door opened and in walked Alex, his face graced by a billion-dollar smile.

He looked at me and continued smiling as though he won a billion-dollar.

He probably already has more than that though.

Have I actually lost my mind? Is he, Alex Taylor really smiling? What in the world is happening?

"umm, you-you're fine?" I asked and Alex shrugged and responded, "never been better"

"Dinner, I'll set up the dinner while you freshen up!" I said and rushed to the kitchen, what is wrong with him?

He literally never smile!

He does.

No, no he doesn't.

you've seen him smiling before too

That is hardly twice, I fought with my consciousness.

But, amazingly, he's smiling and that's good because smiling stimulates our brain's reward mechanisms in a way that even chocolate, a well-regarded pleasure inducer, cannot match.

I let out a groan and set up the plates, just then something caught my attention.

Blood.

There was a drop of blood on the floor.

I looked around to see a trail of blood drops that started from the main door to Alex's room.

HE'S HURT!

Without giving it much of a thought, I rushed to Alex's room and opened the door without knocking, blood there was blood on the floor.

I looked around the room but Alex was nowhere to be seen, just then I noticed the open walk-in closet and rushed inside.

What is wrong with him.

There stood Alex with one of his hands bleeding and staining the carpet I looked up at his face and he was still smiling.

Is he CRAZY?

"you-your hand, it's bleeding!" I cried out.

Control yourself, Sierra, you've seen a lot of blood all your life.

I took a deep breath and put my emotions in check.

"That is not good Alex, you're hurt and from the looks of it, the wound is right on your left-hand ring finger and the nerves in that finger are very, and I mean very sensitive you need to treat it right now."