♟Chapter 1♟

The kids of the orphanage ran around playing all sorts of games while laughing with each other and yelling, but deep in the forest area just ahead of the house was a kid with dark brown hair who appeared to be 4 years old. Since he was in the forest, there was no one to watch or worry over him for hanging upside down a tree that would surely leave some damage if he were to fall.

But the boy payed no mind to that as he enjoyed keeping to himself and was quite content with adding the activity to his daily routine. He had done a decent job at hiding his whereabouts from the others that sometimes they would not notice his absence and will often get startled when he seemingly shows up out of nowhere.

Moving on, you could say that his appearance was definitely...unique. His arms, legs, neck, and the right side of his face were wrapped in bandages, which has brought confusion to the others. They were aware that he was not injured or in pain, but he still wore bandages for no apparent reason and would refuse to take them off in front of them. After several attempts at convincing him, all of them failing, they gave up and let him do what he wanted.

The boy, still upside down the tree, started swinging his body and ignored the fact that he was high off the ground and could fall at any given moment if he were to move too carelessly.

The sound of rustling leaves were heard, but the boy didn't bat an eye until a voice spoke.

"Hey, dummy! The bell rang already, we have to go inside."

Seeing that he could not ignore the newcomer, he shifted his eyes in the direction of the person, eventually spotting a black-haired boy, his name being Ray.

While the other are unable to find the brunette when he leaves and/or disappears, Ray is the only person that almost always knows where to find the brunette, not including their Caretaker/Mother.

Upon hearing Ray's words, the brunette pouted as he crossed his arms, still hanging upside down.

"But whyyyy? I still haven't thought of ideas to reach my goal! I felt as if I could today!" Whined the brunette.

What could his goal be? Ah, yes! His goal is suicide. It's to somehow Die. Currently, as he's thinking about ways to fall into eternal sleep, he's hoping he'll fall from the tree after his legs become numb from hanging upside down.

Well, only part of him hopes for that. The other part of him made sure that his legs tightly held onto the branch because falling from the tree would surely hurt and the brunette wasn't very keen on feeling pain.

The others are quite worried and question the reason for a young child, who is only 4 years old, to desire death. They understand that they can not do anything to change his mind since they have tried, but he didn't seem to budge. Finding a way to cope with his antics, they felt reassured that the boy desired a painless suicide. Of course, they still monitor the boy from time to time so he doesn't do anything too rash as he is quite intelligent and he may go through with some plan they hadn't thought of before.

But still, they have been calm for quite a while as the boy's plans have somehow failed. The attempts he came up with will usually kill a normal human but somehow he's still alive, which is baffling to them and the boy himself.

Ray huffed at the brunette's whining and exclaimed, "Hurry up! We have to go inside for dinner!".

The brunette only pulled down his eyelid and stuck out his tongue, undoubtedly making Ray irritated, as he did not enjoy the seemingly taunting he was receiving.

Y/n suddenly turned his head to look a bit to side, Ray following his eyes. They heard the rustling bushes and then a woman emerged, looking at them with a slightly stern expression.