🎯Chapter 36🎯

Y/n and Emma stared at Lewis, which he returned. They didn't say anything. However, they turned their heads at the sound of a whistle.

"That time, eh..." Lewis laughed, turning his attention back to the kids.

"The same game. A fair hunt lasting 15 minutes with the first 10 minutes for us to prepare." Emma said.

"So now you challenge me to the same bit of sport I proposed to him on that distant night. Fair enough." Lewis said.

'Great, just like us...'

"However, there shall be no need for that."

Emma blinked in surprise as Y/n pursed his lips, narrowing his eyes at Lewis.

"Your motive here is to buy time. I'm right, am I not? I believe such were Lucas' intentions back then too. If I take you on your bait, you surely won't be coming at me at any satisfactory level. It would be a waste of ammunition after all. You have no confidence that you'd be able to murder me yourself. Lucas thinks the same. That boy well knows what happens when one tries to stand up to me alone. Yes, I say he knows it in his bones. An all-out attack. If I was in that boy's position, I'd only strike at such an enemy with my entire forces at once. Which means this game is but a means to buy enough time for that."

'He read us completely...!' Emma thought.

"You are indeed a strong girl, Emma. And you're a strong boy, Y/n. But still, that's quite awful. Oh, that Lucas! The boy shows up only to give such a terrible task to first-day newcomers. Very well. I'll give you the time you need. What is it? 15 minutes? No, 10? I will wait. It's bound to be more interesting this way."

'Phew! It's not what we planned, but at least Lewis will stay here.' Emma thought.

"However. If I am supposed to wait for you to strike, then strike you shall. Right now, I am extremely eager for action. If the 10 minutes go by and still none of your comrades have reached this village, then I shall dance with you until I get my fill of it, Y/n, Emma."

Emma had a serious expression, but it changed to disbelief when she heard laughing. Both Emma and Lewis looked at Y/n who was laughing, his bandaged hands covering his mouth.

"I really did expect this, archduke. You really are interesting." Y/n said, his hand covering his mouth as he looked at the demon.

'Oh god...Did Y/n go crazy? I didn't expect this so soon...' Emma thought, sweatdropping.

"I could say the same thing about you." Lewis said.

"While we wait, let's have a nice conversation, shall we?" Y/n smiled, deciding to sit on the ground.

"Y/n?" Emma questioned.

"How have you been, Lewis?" Y/n asked.

"Well, before this, before you two appeared, I was extremely bored, in the need of a challenge. Since you two are here, I am eager to see what you can do." Lewis replied.

'They're conversing...like normal?!' Emma thought.

"How does it feel like to be a demon?" Y/n asked.

"I don't know how to answer that. I live just like you."

"Good answer. I would've asked Ustinez, but I forgot." Y/n said.

"Is that a friend of yours? He has a peculiar name."

"Yes, he's my demon buddy. Do you happen to know him?"

"I know a lot of demons. Care to describe him?"

"Well, he has red hair to his shoulders and is quite skinny and small compared to you. He's also a coward, but I still enjoy his company." Y/n replied.