♟Chapter 6♟

Searching the bathroom, Ray stood beside the ladder, waiting for Norman who searched a space up in the ceiling. Then, Norman handed Ray a sack and they both walked out. As they made their way down the hall, they stopped as slow steps were heard on the stairs and a voice whispered.

"Shinju wa~ hitori de wa~ deki nai~ futari nara dekiru~ shinju shinju shinju..."

That was none other than Y/n. As he made it up the steps, he paused and owlishly blinked as Norman and Ray stared at him.

"What are you two doing?" Y/n asked.

"We're about to search under my bed for something. Want to come along?" Norman asked.

Y/n, having nothing to do, nodded and followed along.

Norman searched under his bed as Ray and Y/n waited for him to say something. Y/n leaned against the wall and boredly shifted his eyes between Ray and Norman.

"No rope?" Ray asked as Norman silently moved his gaze away from under the bed.

"It's gone." Norman confirmed, shaking his head.

"Really? Well then, guess it's Don." Ray said, referring to the traitor.

Y/n took a deep breath before asking, "Don?"

Norman nodded and Ray smirked. However, it disappeared when Norman looked up and faced him, leaning in slightly.

"Actually, it's you who's the traitor, Ray." Norman accusingly said.

Ray chuckled, "Are you serious? Cut it out."

Norman kept his serious expression. "Ray, you realized, right? I set up a trap for three people."

"I told Don it was under my bed and Gilda was told it was in the second-floor bathroom's ceiling. At least that's what I told you."

Ray's eyes slightly widened as he continued to stay silent.

"I actually told Don it was in the dining hall and Gilda in the library. The rope behind my bed ended up being gone. So, what about the other two spots? Should we go over and check them out?"

An amused grin made its way onto Y/n's face as he watched the whole ordeal.

Ray frowned and let out a sigh, flopping on Norman's bed. His arm was resting over his eyes before a grin stretched onto his lips and he laughed maniacally.

He lifted his arm and stared at Norman, "Aw man. And here I thought I was doing so well..."

Ray sat up and continued, "Yeah, you're right. I'm the one who's been spying for Mama. So, what gave it away?"

"It was when Sister first came to the house. I felt disgusted with myself for suspecting you instantly. My own friend...it was really the worst scenario. I wish I had been wrong about it 'cause you being the traitor would be quite problematic for us. But for the enemy, picking you was the obvious choice." Norman said.

"You would be able to provide input to our plans, which would be perfect for keeping control of the situation. You were the best one for the job." He finished.

Ray grinned and said, "Nothing gets past you. How embarrassing, I walked right into your little trap."

The two of them then looked in the direction of the brunette who was, for some reason, laughing. Norman stared at him incredulously, not sure as to why he found the situation laughable. Ray only stared at the brunette boredly.

"Haha! Ray. You got caught and it was such an obvious trap! I would've thought you'd pick up on it, but I guess you were more focused on clearing your name." Y/n teased.