🎯Chapter 40 🎯

A man stood in front of tanks with children floating in blue liquid, completely lifeless.

"We've finally recovered Lord Bayon's remains."

"You weren't able to locate the bodies of his servants? Where are they?" The man spoke on the phone.

"Yes, they are sunken deep underwater..."

"And?"

"We haven't located any corpses of cattle children either."

"How strange...Bayon should have hunted them." The man said. "Good work. Now, no one else can sprout up from Goldy Pond. You take command, search the surrounding area."

He then hung up.

'The self-destruct device at Goldy Pond went off. Only half a month after the escape from Grace Field.'

"Was it a coincidence, brother? Whatever you do, you won't get away. You cattle children are a necessity for this world. Especially you." Peter Ratri smirked.

-----

~March 2046~

The sun blazed down at a group of men who stood in the middle of nowhere.

One of the men clicked the headpiece he wore and spoke, "We've located it. Their hideout. Don't let a single one of them live, unless they're 94194. Capture him immediately and dispose of the rest."

"Yes!"

The men gathered by the entrance of the hideout, waiting for the signal. One of them threw open the shelter's vault door and the rest of them immediately jumped down, pointing their firearm. They quietly walked around, confusedly looking at the barren area.

"Nobody...is here?"

"Negative...Grace Field, as well as Grand Valley...What happened? This shelter is..."

The leading soldier placed his hand to his earpiece.

"Nobody's...here?" He reported to the leader in confusion.

-----

Exactly at 6'o clock, B06-32, the shelter's morning starts with the clang of pots and pans.

"Good morning!" Chris ran around with an energetic smile, clanging metal pots and pans.

Y/n kept himself buried under his blanket and pillow.

'Too loud...' He thought

"Y/n, wake up. We have to set up the breakfast." Ustinez shook the male.

"Okay."

The boy threw the blankets off himself and revealed his tired expression and disheveled brown hair. Sleep hasn't been welcoming him lately, and he hates it.

"Time for my daily dose of candy." He yawned.

Y/n reached over for his jar of sweets, but someone grabbed it. He blinked before looking to see Gilda frowning at him.

"It's too early for you to be eating this. Go eat a proper meal and you can have these later in the day." She told the boy.

"But...But...But Gilda!" Y/n reached out for his candy. The girl rolled her eyes before walking away as Y/n fell off his bed from reaching out a tad bit too far.

"C'mon now..." Ustinez sweatdropped, helping the boy up and dragging him into the kitchen.

Several bowls of soup were served and each child or man took a seat at one of the many tables.