🧩Chapter 51🧩

"Emma. This world isn't so kind that you can pick everything at once. I will tell you this. If we don't exterminate the demons, our family will never be safe enough to smile."

-----

Norman looked at Emma as she looked at him with a determined-looking expression. Y/n and Ray only stayed quiet.

'True...Norman is right. This...exterminating the demons...is the safest, the most reliable way of saving all the cattle children. But...even then...' Emma thought.

"All of that is correct, Norman..." Emma admitted. "But that only cares for probabilities! Sure, from a mathematical point of view, that's the correct choice. But...what does it mean to be correct. To be sure to reach your goals? To have the most benefit? I don't know about these things, but it has to be more than that! I...I just can't accept a choice as 'correct' that would lead to the extermination of the other- Even to the genocide of innocent children!"

Norman frowned as he listened.

"Killing is a heavy thing...Extermination all the more! And there's a way to avoid it, right? The path is there. You said we don't even know if the human world would accept us. That is true enough, but...maybe they will! We don't know that either! Even if the chances are low, if there's a way for both sides to survive, then let's bet everything on that path, please! That's how we've managed to come so far, isn't it?"

"If all we had believed in were the statistics, we'd have never even tried to break out of the house. The most logical choice would've been to do as Mama said, and wait for death the best we could. We'd have never even brought along the children either! I don't want to destroy the demons...at the very least...I don't wanna live in a future where my survival depends on killing a friend. On killing Mujika. I would never be able to smile again."

The other three glanced at her.

"So you insist we should do all it takes to avoid the extermination?" Norman questioned as he stood with his arms crossed.

"Yes!" Emma confirmed.

"What about my plan? It's already started, you know. The alliance with Giran is done. I can't go back."

"I know. There's no problem. Let them topple the royals and the regent families. The liberation of the farms is a good thing too. But, at that point, don't go on with executing the nobles. Instead, I'd like to use their blood to make many more demons able to live without humans. At the same time, we'll cross the Seven Walls and seal a new promise with him. And we'll make a pathway to escape to the human world. Finally, give stable bodies to all the demons...Put an end to all the plantations...and bring all the cattle children to the human side." Emma said.

"That's a pipe dream." Norman responded.

'I pretty much expected this from Emma. She and her optimistic dreams.' Y/n sweatdropped.

Emma had a sad expression as Ray looked at Norman with a calculating expression, also glancing at Y/n a few times.

"I don't see hope in any of it, but let's concede, for the sake of the argument, that we can cross to the human world and so on. Even then, the part about the Seven Walls is completely unclear. They say that in this place, there lies the supreme existence among the demons, him...But the Seven Walls, aren't found anywhere in the demon world. Even the documentation accumulated by the Ratri clan doesn't have a clue about them. It's just a big unknown. Even James Ratri himself could never find the way to reach it. On what basis do you think you-"

"We already did." Emma interrupted.

Norman looked at her in surprise.

"We found out how to reach the Seven Walls a year and a half ago. And we already gathered all we needed! When the conditions are right, we can go at any time!"