🧩Chapter 50🧩

Emma and Ray were in the room where Cristie laid, still unconscious.

"He's looking better. His pulse and breathing have calmed down too. And Vincent also said that there wasn't any damage to the brain. He'll wake up any time now." Ray said.

"Yeah..." Emma mumbled.

"Leaving that aside, there's Norman. He didn't come back yesterday either. Y/n didn't really say anything either. He left the moment we stepped out of Norman's office." Ray narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah...I want to talk to them, especially Norman, as soon as possible about everything...Since yesterday I've really been thinking. Even though we get along just fine, with Barbara, Cislo, and Vincent...Even though they're all such funny and nice people..." Emma said.

"The enemy is all the same."

"Can't wait to kill every last one of 'em."

"To be caught up with such hatred. They must have gone through so much...And back at Goldy Pond...Oliver also talked about how much he hated the demons..."

"I get this real nice feeling."

"But this is the first time I've seen such bottom-less hatred..." Emma said. "I was scared. It's not 'sympathy towards the demons'...I was afraid of just how deep-seated the hatred was that I was seeing. But...'The enemy is all the same.'...What about Mujika? Do they not know that demons have children either? To say they're all the same, it's strange...It's really strange...!!!"

"Yeah. But they couldn't care less about those who have killed our kind. The suffering that they've gone through is undeniable. You can't just say 'Don't hate them'. After that hatred comes out, you can't stop it. It keeps growing steadily...It's a cycle of hatred with no end. This is 'war' to them after all." Ray said.

"To inflict fear on an enemy, one's own poverty, leaderships, selfishness, a mutual misunderstanding...It can start for a different number of reasons. If you have the time to be thinking about your enemies, it should be about how to kill them. If the 'cycle of hatred' is allowed to be born, there's no way of stopping war. Killing each other, hating them for it, then more killing. That's why it'll never go away. Humanity has been repeating itself for thousands of years."

'Is there really nothing we can do?' Emma thought.

"But I'm...I'm-!"

"IT'S THE BOSS!" A voice shouted, cutting Emma off.

"Let's go! And we should get Y/n too!" Emma said as she and Ray ran out to find their comrade to meet up with Norman.

–––––

"The alliance?" Vincent questioned.

"I completed it safely." Norman replied.

"Then that means...!"

"We can move on to the next stage." Norman confirmed as he walked with Cislo and Barbara following behind.

Then, he stopped as he saw three familiar people standing in front of him.

"Y/n...Emma...Ray...?" He muttered in surprise.

"Can we talk, Norman?" Emma requested.

–––––

The four entered the boy's office as Cislo and Barbara left them to converse.

"Sorry for bothering you as soon as you got back." Ray apologized.

"It's alright." Norman waved off. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah, about a lot of things." Emma said.

"But before that, I'd like to know...What kind of plan do you have?" Ray asked. "How will you exterminate the demons without losing a single person? Is it civil war?"