🎯Chapter 39🎯

Mister sprinted in the forest, avoiding the demons who chased him.

"Stay with me. Hang in there, Y/n. Don't you have a family you need to go back to? You want to know my name, right?" Mister said.

-----

'Emma...Y/n...Ray...'

"It's already been six days since Emma's group left." Thoma and Lannion said. "Have they already arrived at Goldy Pond?"

"Are they okay?" Mark wondered.

"They'll be fine." Anna reassured the boy.

"I miss Y/n...!" Ustinez, Thoma, and Lannion whined as the other kids sweatdropped at their behavior.

Gilda was quiet before someone tapped the side of her head.

"Don...?" She questioned.

"It's written all over your face, Gilda. I know you're worried, but if we're nervous, won't we make them all nervous too?" Don told her.

"Yeah! Sorry, thanks!" The girl said, slapping herself.

"Nat, let's get started on dinner." Don said.

"Uh...yeah." Nat said.

'Dinner...I wish we had a bird. I'm getting sick of grubs and lizards.' He thought.

The shelter's door opened, causing them to stop and look over.

"Emma!"

"Emma's group is back?!"

"Emma! Y/n! Ray!"

"Y/n!" A certain group of idiots yelled.

All the kids ran to greet them but were only greeted by Mister who had Y/n strapped to his back.

"Y/n...?" The children stared in shock.

"Move...!" Mister said.

"Y/n? What's going on...?"

"Where's Emma and Ray?"

"Follow me!" Mister said. He layed Yn down on a table, heavily breathing.

'Damn it...I don't have any time to rest. First, the transfusion and-'

Gilda burst through the door with a device in her hands that Mister instantly recognized.

"Y/n! Are you alive?! What about Emma and Ray?! Answer me! If the three of them...If you killed all three of them-!"

"Wait! That's not it!" Mister said, extending a hand to stop her.

'That really isn't the case this time...!'

"It was a lie..." Dominic said.

"Y/n...!" Chris said, tears forming in his eyes like the other kids.

Anna kept calm and walked over to Y/n and checked his pulse.

"Gilda! Y/n's still alive! His pulse is weak, but he is still breathing!" Anna shouted.

"That's right! Please stay calm and help me! Okay, where are Nat and Chris?" Mister asked.

Both boys raised their hands.

"You two will undergo the blood transfusion with Y/n! Ray and Emma told me you three have the same blood type!"

Gilda blinked before saying, "Medicine! The kind we brought from the house...!"

"And get me some hot water! Sterilize all the equipment!" Mister said.

"Right!" Anna said.

-----

"My turn to keep watch." One of the kids said.