🎯Chapter 16🎯

"Mr. Minerva's adventure book!"

-----

Gathered by a clot, a row of demon guards stood in silence as they awaited the leader's orders. Said leader stood staring off into the distance, his eye observing the tall trees just below.

"They're down." He said, turning to the group with a clear expression of distaste.

"So we were too late. There's an entire colony of bloodsucker trees down there. I've heard that some wild lowly organisms have been roaming this area recently. Whatever happens, we absolutely mustn't allow those humans to be eaten by anything besides our kind. Especially 94194. It must not be eaten by anything. Can you figure out which direction they went?"

"Yes, sir. They are straight down to our southeast." Another demon quickly replied.

-----

"One of the two special books dedicated to us by Mr.Minerva, the one with the Morse code that read Promise, was the adventure log of Ugo." Emma began.

"A story of the main character Ugo, his lemur friend Marvin, and their adventures of traveling the world." She listed.

"This is it! I remember reading about it in this book...the story of those snakes! Ugh! I can't remember the details, hold on..." Emma scrunched up her face, quickly flipping the pages of the book.

Y/n wore a dot-eyed smile before making eye contact with Ray who seemed confused.

"Are you talking...about The Snakes of Alvar Pinera?" Ray questioned.

"That's it!" Emma quickly nodded.

Still, that did not answer the question Ray had in his mind as continued to stare at Emma confused. On the other hand, Y/n grinned, knowing what Emma was referring to and a bit amused by Ray's ignorance.

"The deep sea cave known as Alvar Pinera
turned out to be the nest of terrifying poisonous snakes. The countless snakes intertwined with each other as if they were tree roots, and as if they
were a single organism. They surrounded the walls all around us. The terror made the treasure by our feet feel all the more beautiful. Are these snakes protecting the treasure? Or did they simply use the treasure to bait us? In chapter 3,
The Adventure Log of Ugo."

"Similar, right?" Emma smiled as she looked at Y/n, Ray, and Gilda.

"It's talking about this tree! This book was truly meant to be a guidebook for us!" She said with pure confidence.

"Hold it, Emma." Ray raised his hands.

"The two stories are indeed similar, but..."

He paused as Emma continued to wear the same expression, and he sighed, "Well, I suppose it's possible. Let's give it a shot."

"Yeah!" Emma and Y/n cheered.

Emma stood and approached the queue, ushering them in a different spot, "Everyone, back up a bit."

'The roots...They have no nose or eyes which means there must be a way they use to locate their prey.' Ray thought.

Y/n no longer wore a grin as he stood aside, a bored expression plastered on his face. He was no longer amused by the whole ordeal and just wanted to get it over with. His eyes were half-lidded as he stared as Ray who held a mug, taking a few steps in the direction of some vines.

Ray proceeded to throw the mug at the wall of roots and as soon as they both came into contact, vines shot towards the mug, completely shattering it.

"Alright! It uses touch!" Ray and Emma grinned upon confirming their suspicion.