❓Chapter 73❓

A whole year passed and during that time Y/n managed to climb the ranks, ultimately becoming the youngest executive in the Port Mafia. However, it all seemed to have been for nothing as Y/n encountered tragedy and was currently on his knees, holding a man that was bleeding out on the floor. What exactly happened and why is Y/n here? Well, let's look back at the initial conversation Y/n had with a certain someone.

~Flashback~

"You are the one who helped them enter the country illegally. You invited the enemy organization to Yokohama to incite the Gifted Special Operations Division into finally taking action." Y/n said.

The brunette stood beside Mori who stared forward out of the large windows in his office, the orange light of the setting sun allowing the room to have some light.

"Yes. Thanks to that, we now have the Gifted Business Permit." Mori simply said as Y/n's eyes wandered to the slip on the table beside a tea cup and kettle.

"The government has, for all practical purposes, ratified our illegal activities. The troublesome aggressors will be taken care of by Oda with his life. This is a glorious victory for us. And yet...Why are you so angry?" Mori finally looked at Y/n with a blank expression that Y/n returned.

"You're the one who let Mimic know about the orphans under Odasaku's care. You did it so you could counter Mimic's leader with Odasaku, the only gifted agent who could be his match." Y/n said before turning away to leave.

"Y/n." Mori narrowed his eyes as he spoke in a stern voice.

Y/n stopped and Mori said, "You need to stay here. Or is there a logical reason why you should go to him?"

Y/n didn't react when two of Mori's guards stood a few feet in front of him, guns raised and loaded to be shot when given the order.

"There are two things I wish to say to you, Boss. First, you will not shoot me. Nor will you have your subordinates shoot me." Y/n spoke.

"What makes you think that?" Mori questioned.

"Because you have nothing to gain from it." Y/n replied.

"I believe you also have nothing to gain by defying me and going to him." Mori said.

"As for the second thing, Boss. There may be nothing to gain by my actions, but there is one reason why I still go." Y/n said before turning to him with a small smile.

"It's because he is a friend."

~End of Flashback~

Y/n shakily looked at his hand that was stained with the blood of his friend, forming it into a tight fist.

"You're an idiot, Odasaku. You're a complete idiot..." Y/n angrily told the man.

"Yeah..." Odasaku said.

"Why did you go along with what he wanted?" Y/n mumbled as he glanced at the other fresh corpse of the one who had battled Odasaku to the death.

"Y/n...There's something I want to say to you." Odasaku said.

"No! Don't! You might still make it! No, you will make it! So don't talk like-!" Y/n grit his teeth as sweat trails down his face.

"Listen." Odasaku interrupted him, placing his hand on one side of the boy's face.

"You told me that you might find a reason to live if you lived in a world of violence and bloodshed." Odasaku continued.

"Yeah, I did. But who cares what I said now?" Y/n furrowed his brows.