♟Chapter 10♟

Hopping off the tree, Emma held the bag of rope and sent her two friends a nod, which they returned.

Before they could approach the wall, they sensed someone and heard rustling bushes, causing them to stare intently in its direction.

"Emma..." Norman mumbled in a warning tone.

"Yeah." Emma nodded as she tossed the rope into the bushes.

The three kids waited and soon enough, they saw Isabella emerge from the darkness of the forest, a tracking device in her hand.

Emma looked at her in surprise, muttering, "Why...is...?"

Trying to compose herself, she put on the best innocent-looking smile she could and greeted the woman, "Hey, Mama! Is something wrong?"

"Ten years." Isabella spoke.

Emma tilted her head confusedly, "Huh?"

"That's how long we've been living together, but this is the first time for two of you that we've talked without any of us acting." Isabella smiled.

"Nice to meet, Emma. Nice to meet you, Norman. Nice to see you again, Y/n."

Seeing the expression on the kids' faces, the woman chuckled.

"Come on, why do you look so worried? It's only me, so you're free to relax. There isn't anyone else around. You don't have to pretend to be good kids who don't know anything. Right now, it's just the caretaker and the children meant to be food."

Norman and Emma tensed up as Y/n just flinched and looked at her with a blank expression.

'So blunt!' Y/n thought, internally sweat dropping.

"However, I must admit. I love every one of the children I've raised. I do, truly. As if all of you were my own children. That's why I'm here. I want you to give up." Isabella said.

"You want us to..." Emma started.

"...give up?" Norman finished.

"Give up resisting. I love you all and don't want you to suffer. And I especially don't want to be the cause of your suffering. It's a happy life, isn't it?" Isabella asked.

"A warm home filled with love and delicious food. Without knowing hunger, coldness, or the truth, you can die with a satisfied feeling. Which part of that is unhappy?" She smiled.

'She's not wrong...' Y/n thought.

But then he mentally slapped himself. 'Who am I kidding?! I don't want to die at the hands of the demons. If I'm gonna die, it's because I caused it. Well...I think...Maybe I can get them to agree to my conditions, and it'll be fine...probably.'

Emma then interrupted his thoughts, "Is the happiness you speak of similar to the end Conny met?"

"Death happens in an instant. Until that moment, Conny lived a rich life full of smiles." Isabella responded.

"I don't need any fake smiles! Even if I suffer, I will live freely! I will decide for myself what happiness is!" Emma exclaimed.

"Emma." Norman interrupted with a stern voice.

Emma looked at him in surprise, not expecting him to silence her.

"Norman..." Emma muttered.

"It's impossible to escape. It's dangerous outside too. It's full of despair. Okay? Let's all live happily inside our home until the end when your time runs out. I want the six of you to be happy." Isabella said.

"Six? Not four?" Norman sweat.

Isabella smiled and Norman took a deep breath.

"Okay, Mama." He started.