🎯Chapter 14🎯

"They're nowhere to be found!"

"We speculate that they've already somehow escaped plantation grounds!"

"Low quality 6, average quality 3, good quality 2, high quality 2, and premium quality 3! Not to mention, one of the premiums was none other than 94194! What an extraordinary loss! 73584...What an unforgivable mistake on your part!" A woman said, disappointedly looking at Isabella who stood in front of her.

"Just why...this isn't like you at all! This isn't right...It's you we're talking about...how..." She muttered, shaking her head while trying to process the whole ordeal and how shocking it is.

Isabella sighed and spoke, "No. This is entirely my fault."

The woman in front of her only frowned.

-----

"We've located footsteps around the Northern-Eastern edge."

"Send out individuals to go after them as soon as possible!"

"Let the surrounding areas know what's going on as well!"

"We've got premium food on the loose...and by that, I mean OUR premium good!"

"Of course whether they're dead or alive..."

"Let them know that we'll be sure to provide due compensation for turning in the goods! Including 94194. Order that he be brought back alive!"

-----

Walking in the forest, the children looked around, noting that it wasn't what they expected. For example, the trees were enormous!

'Incredible...so this is the outside world. What is this...a primeval forest? This is completely different from the forest we were in just a few minutes ago.' Ray thought.

'It's so much more than I saw in the pictures and drawings! What is this? I've seen nothing like this in the books back at the house! I wanted to try and figure out our location by observing our surroundings, but...just what in the world...?'

In his peripheral vision, something seemed to move, causing him to snap his head to the side.

'Is it just me...or did something move?...'.

Looking to his left, he spotted Y/n who had also stopped to stare where he once was.

'I wasn't imagining it...?'

Deciding to not dwell on it, he continued walking while nudging Y/n to do the same.

"Make sure to be careful!" Emma advised the children as they all climbed over a large tree root.

'Our pace is starting to drop. They're sleepy and they're tired. And on top of it all, the forest floor here is really difficult to get through...' Emma thought, slightly pursing her lips.

'What an interesting forest...I wonder if there is anything for me to entertain myself with. Maybe I can sneak off and carry on with my plan now that Emma and Ray aren't focused on me.' Y/n thought.

He then blinked as he saw Ray give him a serious expression.

'Nevermind.' He sweat dropped. 

"Emma!" Don called out as he stopped beside a huge tree that parted in the middle.

"Yeah!" Emma nodded before looking at the other kids.

"Okay, everyone! Time to rest! Let's eat breakfast here!" She smiled, to which they cheered.

As the older kids rummaged through some bags, the younger ones patiently sat under a tree, waiting.