🧩Chapter 45🧩

"Idiots! Damn idiots! I'm the one who is alive! Heaven is on my side!" Andrew exclaimed as he laughed with an insane expression.

Suddenly, a bright turquoise light shone, slightly blinding them, and a rock was thrown at Andrew, making a crack sound as Alicia fell from his arms. The girl quickly ran to the other kids at they kept their eyes on Andrew, a bit stunned.

"What the-?!"

Before any more words could leave the man's mouth, he was shot in every limb before several bullets were shot at his head.

The culprit was Y/n, who was hiding behind a tree. He sighed and swung the strap of the gun behind him, stepping out of his spot. The others looked over and their faces were filled with shock and relief at the sight of the brunette.

"Heyo! Sorry about going missing...and sorry I was a bit late..." Y/n nervously smiled as his eyes subtly shifted at the corpses of the dead children.

"Y/n...!" The others said.

"Hehe..." The boy nervously chuckled before collapsing on the floor.

Ray, Gillian, and Don quickly ran over as Gilda and Emma were with Alicia and Dominic.

"He doesn't look too good..." Don muttered as they put Y/n onto his back.

The suicidal maniac was sickly pale and his hands had cuts on them. Even his bandages were a bit messed up and dirty.

"We better head inside before his condition worsens." Gillian said.

-----

A groan escaped the boy's mouth as he opened his eyes and sat up. He looked around before spotting some bandages and a change of clothes beside him. He stood up as some of the bandages he wore unraveled a bit, and grabbed the new bandages, walking to a more secluded area and changing. When he finished changing, he walked over to find the others.

"Hellooo?" He called out.

Soon, he heard cries and followed them to see all the others kids crying. Y/n awkwardly stood as he tipped himself back and forth on his feet. As the kids calmed down, Ray came in holding something.

"Ray?" Mark questioned.

"This is...an owl?" Nigel poked the object.

"No, look closely." Ray said.

"That's...a camera!"

"How did that guy know where this place was? How were they able to weave their way through the blind spots of the cameras at the shelter. This would be the answer to those." Ray said.

"This thing pointed out the position of our cameras and informed them of where the place we escaped to was at?" Pepe supposed.

"Most likely. I should have noticed this quicker. When I think about it, this thing had been getting closer and following us. This place is no good either. We need to leave it behind immediately. It's unlikely that this is the enemy's only camera. Even if this was the only one, the possibility of us already being exposed to the Ratri clan headquarters still exists." Ray said.

"But...If we abandon the shelter as well as this place, where could we possibly go? Is there such a place...?" Gilda asked.

"Or are we going to aimlessly wander around...?" Nat questioned.

"Oliver." Emma said as the boy nodded.

"Everyone. Lucas received one last phone call." The boy announced.

"Mister Minerva could still be alive...?"

"No, we can't know that for sure."

"It could also conceivably be one of the supporters that are still living..." Nat said with a hand to his chin.